SkatePerception

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like a broadcast camera...well it is...HUGE!

Excellent observation speildberg.

hehehe...even xl1 is too big for skateboarding...dont even think bout using this camera 4 sk8boarding

the xl1 isnt too big for filming skating. ive used it before, it would just be really hard with a fisheye, cus that would weight a ton.

i think itd be pretty cool to film with a xl1. ive seen videos where people are using it to film vert. id like to try one out one day. itd be cool.

that site withe the dsr-200 is awesome when i broke my vx i looked to see if i could fix it and then i was like fuck no. cause it was jc12 board

yeah i did that too, i looked on that site to see what was inside my camera and was like no way

damn, that cam is huge. XL1's aret that big their the same price, maybe a little more than a vx2100, i THINK, wasnt 28days later filmed with an xl1 and minidv tapes?

haha tyler i told you about that :) and yes it was.

i've used and XL1 before and it was damn nice, the colours on it are beautiful. i don't know about it in low light, but i should find out soon, i think i'll end up filming a theater performance with it sometime soon.

ps- XL1 seriously aren't that huge. they're the right size for anything other than lines. you can get the cam to rest against your shoulder real nice, holds steady.

and yes the canon telephoto lens for it is a small fortune, but so is the B+W CRT viewfinder....

haha imagine someone filming at a spot with an xl1, idk they would just look funny

why? itd be cool dude. id walk up to them and ask. hey can i try your camera out? and theyd say no motha fucker go to hell. but itd be cool to see someone using it

First of all, the VX9000 isnt news, its been around for ages, and this isnt the right section to post it in. Second of all, there isnt a death for the XL1, its a great camera to film skateboarding with as a friend found out, but Century only make a 0.3x Pro DV fisheye that fits on to it, which is no were near as wide as a death So he just films long lense with amazing quality.