SkatePerception
dick fitzwell

The Compression Thread

I cant find de-interlace anywhere in premiere when im exporting, someone wana help me out?

It should be somewhere in the custom settings of rendering. If you can't find it there, use MPEG Streamclip to deinterlace.

Anyone have a new good compression setting? Because it seems like youtube has changed and these aren't as high quality anymore.

Has anyone tried using a bigger scale than the actual YouTube player? I've heard it imProves quality but haven't had the chance to try it myself yet..

whats the best export settings for fcp with my dvcprohd footage?

should i use mpegstreamclip to compress it more? to h264?

Has anyone tried using a bigger scale than the actual YouTube player? I've heard it imProves quality but haven't had the chance to try it myself yet..

Anyone?

should you de-interlace progressive footy?

no

Anyone have any good settings for a dvx for youtube?

From what I've heard (I don't use YT), exporting with the current settings works fine for SD. 24P with DV can cause some issues though. The one time I had to export SD at 24P, mpeg 4 yielded a much sharper video than did DV.

alright so Full uncompressed AVi files are huge but look good on youtube anything that can get sweeter? like smaller size but still keeps its quality in youtube?
what would i put my limit data rate at? everything thing i try the results are just a black screen im trying to export to AVI im using stream clip

thanks

What format are you shooting on?

Whats the earliest version of compressor

Version 1.

When I export through premiere with any kind of video codec to upload to youtube, the video has a weird color tint that happens. Ive tried different codecs/formats/settings/etc. and I still get a weird tint to the footage. The only time the video come out with with no tint(how it is supposed to look) is with a quicktime file with no compression/codecs. Its not my quicktime player because I uploaded 2 different clips to youtube and you can still notice the color difference. I have also tried adobe media encoder and get the same results.

Heres an example:

Ag8AB.jpg

(the quicktime video has the weird tint, and the video in the premiere player is how it is supposed to look.)

any suggestions for compressing footage for youtube? I seem to get the best quality directly out of premiere instead of exporting full quality and using mpeg streamclip, so I would like to continue compression directly out of premiere if anyone know whats up with the color tint.

does it still have that tint when you actually upload it to youtube? because if not it may be your monitor settings.

I have countless compression questions, and I hope you guys can help. Please bear with me & sorry in advance for the wall of text.

In the past, I used a PC w/ Sony Vegas. I'd export finished sequences as full quality/uncompressed AVI's, before compressing with Mpeg stream clip. The cam I use is my Sony VX2100, so my project/sequence settings and export & compression settings have always been typical SD settings:

(Dimesions of 720x480 or 640x480, Mp4., frame rate of ~2000kbps or ~.43MB/sec, de-interlaced, frame-blending, etc.).

Using this method & uploading to Vimeo always yielded great quality.

Recently, I began using a Mac, editing with Premiere Pro. (still on VX2100)

I realized .AVI is not an export file option in Premiere/Media Encoder, but did'nt worry too much, because I assumed that an uncompressed .MOV file on a MAC OS would work just as well, or at least similarly to an .AVI on PC. Unfortunately, everytime I've tested similar export settings with Premiere, they've come out poorly on Vimeo. Certainly worse than when I used to work directly with AVI's on my PC.

-Now, my typical strategy is to export uncompressed .MOV files out of Premiere, then compress them with Mpeg.streamclip with the same settings I used to use. Every time I upload to Vimeo now though, the footage comes out unsharp, grainy/pixelated. I've also tested out other formats, and Codecs, but none seem to make any of a difference when the file is actually uploaded to Vimeo.

*I've tried exporting/compressing directly out of Premiere Pro as well; the actual file's themselves come out nicely (as they usually do), but when I put them on Vimeo, they look bad.

I don't know what the problem is or what I'm doing wrong, but I hope there' justs something I am missing during the process, or a general setting most people use, as that would explain a lot. I've seen other people's footage (w/ VX2100 & VX1000 & even edited with Premiere Pro) on Vimeo, and it is significantly higher in quality and picture.

Sidenote's: I've tested Color Correction, brightening footage when exporting, etc. & none of it seems to work.

I don't only export as an uncompressed file (I know they're huge). I also always export a .MOV or .MP4 version with a MPEG-4 codec, and ~2000kbps, etc. for each uncompressed version I export too.

Please tell me what I could be doing wrong, and what exactly you do if you use premiere & shoot in SD.

What settings/codecs/etc. do you use within Premiere, etc.??? Please, anything you can offer me is thorughly appreciated, my video's are dying right now. When I look at the *Stay Gold B-sides, or any footy in general, and then compare it with mine, I want to cry.

• Like 1

i keep compressing with mpeg streamclip and the videos come out all pixelated. what's up?

i capture with wmm edit the clips together that i want and then save the video as dv-avi. then i take it to premire edit it again add the song and stuff. do i save the final product as MPEG or avi? any help please

Anyone have any idea of compression settings like these? Its all Canon Gl1 footage and looks better than my vx1 footage played back in raw avi.

stupid question but i have little to no experience in this category... is exporting and compressing a necessity and why is it? i dont get why you would wanna lower your quality