SkatePerception
dick fitzwell

The Compression Thread

i just started using mpeg streamclip and the file that i take into streamclip is dv-avi and then i compress it to .mov file is that right? trying to get better quality

Hey guys. Im kinda a broke filmer and just recently got a macbook. Im just using imovie as of recent. Im wondering if i got a vx1000 would i be able to get decent online compression out of imovie or would i need a better editing program or 3rd party program like the ones listed?

Thanks!!

Hey guys. Im kinda a broke filmer and just recently got a macbook. Im just using imovie as of recent. Im wondering if i got a vx1000 would i be able to get decent online compression out of imovie or would i need a better editing program or 3rd party program like the ones listed?

Thanks!!

you should use mpeg streamclip to compress your footage, once its out of imovie and you should also use these settings on mpeg streamclip once you get it. P.S I also use a vx1000

8569383991_f13affea92_b.jpg

• Like 2

Can anyone post their settings for exporting from AE CS6 (Mac OS X) for the following?

• 1920 x 1080 (30fps) HD

• 1280 x 720 (60fps) HD

Just want to make sure Im getting the best quality after the post production work done in AE. Then into FCP.

Thanks.

do you guys know diego meeks render settings its like widescreen but not fully there a tiny box around it

I'm filming 1080p with a t3i, but when I export anything, even like a 30 second video from Premiere, my file sizes are ALWAYS like 2-5+ GB.. can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

im on a DVX and a PC i havent decided whether i shuld do 30p or 60i. most likely 30p since my vids are going to the web.. so shuld i check frame blending or better downscale or leave em uncheckd? also what about b-frames? and the upper/lower field first is confusing me.. i have data rate at 7500... any help?

Seen a lot of guys talking about Mpeg Streamclip, Sorenson Squeeze, etc...

Is it still up to date ? I'm rendering / compressing everything with Adobe Media Encoder and it works fine.

What's the point of using a third-party encoder ?

On 2/5/2018 at 1:59 AM, phineas said:

Seen a lot of guys talking about Mpeg Streamclip, Sorenson Squeeze, etc...

Is it still up to date ? I'm rendering / compressing everything with Adobe Media Encoder and it works fine.

What's the point of using a third-party encoder ?

that stuff is old. this thread is outdated. from a few years ago. media encoder is a new standard for people using adobe which i assume most people are

• Like 1