SkatePerception
dick fitzwell

The Compression Thread

Yes. I haven't used iMovie in years but I do believe there is an option to export straight to youtube if thats what you're going to.

Ok thanks, but their is none to goto youtube for imovie hd which is what im using.

from final cut (mac)

macs use quicktime (mov) files. to export a full quality mov file choose file > export > using quicktime conversion. click on options > settings and change the compression type to uncompressed 10 bit

I've never used this method, from FCP I just do File>Export>Quicktime Movie and it seems to yield a high quality huge file. Is it still using some kind of compression? It ends up being around 3mb/second, which I thought was the standard for SD video.

i dont use fcp so im not sure, that part was just based on what someone else told me they do, someone care to confirm how they do it?

to export full quality i so what themanwho does.

i do not use quicktime conversion out of fcp.

I've been having trouble with sorenson, i followed the instructions for better youtube quallity, and squeeze it, now whenever i try it's ether black or a little part appears

anyone know what's wrong?

hey anyone know what are good compression settings in MPEG streamclip for youtube ??

ok, ive updated this a bit. added in some youtube stuff and changed my SS settings there. and put in what themanwhos said instead of the old method. still need contributions though guys come on get on it!

When I compress my video using the settings specified above, it looks great except for the fact that I get mirror images and skippy frames throughout the duration of the movie. Am i doing anything wrong? I edited with Premiere and exported as an avi file, then I opened it up in SS, compressed the video and I can't get it to look good. Help!

h264 isnt the be all and end all of compression, its just a type of quicktime compression. have another read over the thread

haha well i thought you could download the super settings file from a link in this thread but ive just realised theres no link -

the most common settings used are the infamous 'super settings'. they give a great quality, small file size mov file.

these settings can be downloaded from here (thanks to FellaFilmer) and imported into sorenson.

:P

so heres the link, and ive fixed the one n the OP

MPEG Streamclip works fine!thank you for this thread

not conected to this thread but,can anyone screen shot or somethin the best composition settings in AE7 for PAL?

thanks

if you mean actual compression settings then youre better off using mpegstreamclip as you said. if you just mean export settings then its earlier in the thread, avi. itl be PAL automatically because of your composition settings

if you mean actual compression settings then youre better off using mpegstreamclip as you said. if you just mean export settings then its earlier in the thread, avi. itl be PAL automatically because of your composition settings

no,you got me wrong,i mean when you start a new composition on AE7,you press on a "new composition" and it immediatly opens you a settings window to choose the settings for the composition,so i asked for these settings,no exporting settings or something

hope you understand me

thanks

oh sorry, i thought it said compression, not composition.

use the preset PAL D1/DV 720 x 576, all the other settings will be right

oh sorry, i thought it said compression, not composition.

use the preset PAL D1/DV 720 x 576, all the other settings will be right

thanks man

i used sony vegas and edited my video, and i exported to avi, it was 1:31 seconds long. i opened it up with stream clip to compress it, and when it opens to streamclip its only :17 seconds long. does anyone know what im doing wrong or whats wrong with it?