SkatePerception
dick fitzwell

The Compression Thread

whenever I try to adjust the dimensions of a clip to 480x288 in MPEG Streamclip, it comes out with no audio. trying to get some sweet widescreen going on. i tried compressing the audio, and it just came out with no audio and also made my computer freeze whenever i played the clip. suggestions?

in final cut express, is the best way to export uncompressed videos by selecting 'none' in the compression type dropdown? i've always wondered because on here it just says to select quicktime movie, which will just export it as a final cut document. in some other thread it says to do that uncompressed 10 bit codec and that doesnt work either.

when im trying to compress a .AVI video withMPEG Streamclip 1.1 that's not working ,that's suppose to work ,no ?

marde.jpg

along time ago, i had that problem when i would export .avi files from moviemaker into mpeg streamclip . if your doing that, it wont work, because .avi files from moviemaker apparently are still secretly .wmv files or something, and they're just not accepted.

so i guess you were exporting from movie maker?

well, what i did was complicated. i got lucky. i found that the dvd burning software i had actually had basic editing capabilities as well, so i would import my movie maker avi into that, export it again as a low compression type so the codec would be different withought much if any quality loss, and THEN bring it into streamclip. that was me though, and i dunno what you can do. buy something better than movie maker.

whenever i compress my vids then put them up on vimeo, they get pretty ugly and not very sharp.

and in adition get a really bad dull look with a gray tint. any halp?

whenever i compress my vids then put them up on vimeo, they get pretty ugly and not very sharp.

use blip.tv, thats what happens to my vids also, vimeo just sucks.

how are you compressing your videos?

I used to have a lot of issues with vimeo, but the compression is really simple now. I'd always export to dv through fcp, then compress the video with quickime pro, and it would never turn out well. Now, I'll just export using the same settings I'd use in qtp, but compress the video straight from the timeline in fcp. It converts to flash with no problems.

Also, I have begun compressing my videos to divx. It always tends to look very clear and crisp when converted to vimeo flash.

just found a sick way to compress in mpeg streamclip

compress to h.264 in mp4

ill post a screengrab in a week or so, im at my dads for the week

I used the super settings on SS and this what i got, i guess the quality went down because it went from an avi to mov am i right

Blip

I used the super settings on SS and this what i got, i guess the quality went down because it went from an avi to mov am i right

Blip

no not unless you didnt export full quality avi then compressed.