SkatePerception
dick fitzwell

The Compression Thread

I have a question about MPEG Streamclip. I'll upload a video and the video will have to fully load before it plays instead of having the quicktime player show as it plays. Now in quicktime pro, there's a "prepare for internet streaming" box that you can tick and it'll work. I thought the "fast start" box did this for streamclip but it didn't work. Is there something really obvious that I'm just missing, or is there no way to get around this?

I don't have a h.264 encoding option, where can i get a copy of this software that has that option? Could it be because I am converting from an avi format?

hey im trying to get like a hour a half long film on to a 4.7 gb disk and it won't fit. So i've tried to put it into DVDshrink and it won't let me, so i can't compress the file. I was wondering if anyone knows a link or something to download that can shrink a normal AVI file. Thanks i would appreciate it.

I have a question about MPEG Streamclip. I'll upload a video and the video will have to fully load before it plays instead of having the quicktime player show as it plays. Now in quicktime pro, there's a "prepare for internet streaming" box that you can tick and it'll work. I thought the "fast start" box did this for streamclip but it didn't work. Is there something really obvious that I'm just missing, or is there no way to get around this?

holy fuck tell me.

holy fuck tell me.

That box doesnt do shit. And i wish theyd fix it, although i rarely use mpeg streamclip. The best thing to do is export using mpeg streamclip, then open the video in Quicktime, and goto File , Save As, THen save it with a different filename, That will import the fast start header and it will do what you want.

Okay I export my clip full quality then compress it using mpeg5 but it comes out like shit on youtube. I know everything comes out shitty on youtube but this is extra shitty for some reason. I've seen a lot better looking videos on youtube so I'm curious to know whats the best compression for youtube using mpeg5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0aVuhhvq_I

whenever i try to open a file into mpeg streemclip it says "file open error: this movie file is not supported" but i have it in .avi

help meee!

<_<

avi compression out of windows movie maker is a bit weird and often isnt liked by some programs. try exporting a full quality wmv file and see if thatl go into mpeg stremclip

what do you mean when you say full quality wmv file?

edit: nothing is working for me. could somebody help? ive got everything i need but mpeg streamclip isnt letting me open a file

ok so i downloaded mpeg streamclip, so after i finish editing and everything i just leave my footy to a straight up avi. file right?, and can you upload your final product to utube,or vimeo? or should i just use blip?

yes you make it a full quality avi, then convert that in mpgstmclp

and you can upload it to whatever you want, why wouldnt you be able to? ;)

in mpeg streamclip when im exporting. to the any settings, my video wont play at all?!?! i mean ive used plenty of times before but now it doesnt play on quicktime or windows player...the audio only plays.

WHat could the problem be.