SkatePerception
PatrickD

Post Your Setup (comments Only)

I think I need a lightstand bag. I'm sick of walking back and fouth to my car with 2 lightstands and a tripod.

something like this -> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/3039...tstand_Bag.html

At least you have a car. My friends and I skate to spots; and I lug my bag on my back and a light stand bag over my shoulder. Sometimes, we take the subway if it's too far, and I can't ride on my skateboard underground (cops tried to fine me before), so I carry around my board as well.

Damn, that sucks John. I need a bigger bag for my camera gear first, I carry a bag on my back with camera in it and a shoulder bag with flash gear then 2 lightstands and a tripod.. But i uaully make a friend come help me carry stuff, haha.

Can I order from BH if I live in Australia? Or would it just be less hassle to find a seller here??

B&H is going to be closed for a week+

Tomorrow is their last day accepting orders. 50/50 that they'd either ship your order before closing or they'll hold your order off aside and ship it near May when they re-open.

I suggest you go around town and look for a narrow, yet long duffel bag that usually holds folding lawn chairs, toy telescopes, outdoor camping tents, etc. Try a department store, a sporting good store, etc.

Though some may say it's unsafe to use a photo-unintended bag to hold your light stands, I rather look at the bags as a carrier than a protector. Unless you have some heavy-arse professional light stands that is used to support Darin's 622 or something, I think the ghetto bag should work.

I'm not stopping you to not spend your money to buy a legit bag to carry your light stands. Buy a legit bag and you can go to sleep knowing that your bag won't rip as easily as a ghetto bag. But if you have a sort of duffel bag lying around your house that looks like it'd fit two light stands and a tripod, then go for it. Plus, you said you drive a car to spots. So, if anything, I should be the one worrying about my bag ripping. You can just use the bag as a organizer that you can save you a few trips back and forth to the spot and your car's trunk, rather than I, who lug around the bag all day to spots.

Yeah, well I might go looking for a narrow duffel bag or something, cos as you said it is only from my car to the spot.. and it's only light stands, they get thrown around and fall over enough as it is, so it's not like its my bronny. and yeh typo of the 662. Thanks for giving me some suggestions John :(

Yeah, well I might go looking for a narrow duffel bag or something, cos as you said it is only from my car to the spot.. and it's only light stands, they get thrown around and fall over enough as it is, so it's not like its my bronny. and yeh typo of the 662. Thanks for giving me some suggestions John :(

you could try Calumetphoto.com im almost positive they ship international, they have stores in europe, so i dont see why they wouldnt ship down south.

i've been looking for a lightstand bag as well. i'll have a look over at Calumentphoto.com. they have a UK store as well so i'll have a look at that. thanks

HOW BIG IS THE 622 THOU?!?!?!

Holy fuck at that 622! I thought you ripped the arm off a transformer there for a minute.

lolpwn.jpg

:(

Yeah, so.

622, 555, 285

IMG_7756.jpg

IMG_7755.jpg

You can dissemble it to fit in your bag. Just a tad bigger than the 555.

IMG_7757.jpg

You can put the head 90 degrees and hold it like a gun. Just in case you need to in a sketchy neighborhood.

siiike. Or am I.

the post your set up thread was going o so well untill soem people started posted comments in there :goldenwub:

im' tired of seeing comments in the setup thread. next one who posts in there instead of here gets a 4 day suspension.

I just weighed one of my 622s and they weigh 3 pounds 6 ounces lol with batterys EACH!!!!

A flash AND a dumbbell; two in one combo! :goldenwub:

It is absolutely ridiculous to have flashes that weigh nearly 5 pounds with batteries.

you have capabilities that you don't have with smaller flashes. you can most likely overpower the sun with a 622, easily, but i don't know the gn, so don't quote me on that.