SkatePerception
LOTB

Mk2 With No Sunshade Lens Cap Alternative?

ok, so i got an mk2 for a vx21 on my dvx.

took off the bayo off the mk2 and screwed it directly to my dvx.

can't film with the sunshades unless i zoom in to z20 or something like that, maybe even more, otherwise the sunshades show.

so i take off the sunshades, but as you may know, the lens cap will no longer fit.

AND IM TIRED OF UNSCREWING AND SCREWING BACK ON THE SUNSHADES, its probably not good for it either.

so does anyone have any ideas (tested or not) to solve my problem?

i was thinking about keeping it in a micro fiber bag or something like that, but don't have one at the time, and would rather have an actual cap.

put a really soft pad in the lens cap of the mk2 and just put it on for safe keeping nshit.

or just do what he said, just put the lens shades inside the lens cap and it should just slide on and off

i tried that, but it never stays on in my bag. it always comes off and is chilling in front of my lens, im afraid of it scratching it.

i put the shade and cap on with no screws and put a nice celery rubberband over it to hold the front cap on and the new shitty rear cap

put the lens shade in the cap and then put the lens in.

to prevent the caps from falling off, put a small tight sock over it (i use a pair of my sisters ankle socks) because my front lens cap on my mk1 falls off on occasion.. and i don't want it to get scratched.

hope it helps :P

just screw the sunshade into the cap.

then it works jus tlike normal.

the sunshades don't go in to the lens cap that far, therefore it won't work.

i think i'll try the rubberband thing.

still open for ideas though.

why not mod the lens shade by fileing it down so its like the dvx mkii lens shade? so then u can keep the lens shade on without it showing in the video.. and you can use the lens cap like normal .. just an idea

why not mod the lens shade by fileing it down so its like the dvx mkii lens shade? so then u can keep the lens shade on without it showing in the video.. and you can use the lens cap like normal .. just an idea

that would take A SHITLOAD of filing.

(about the filing part)

yeah, that would take a long time, it wouldn't look good, and make it harder for me to sell if i ever want to.

so far, i think i found an ok alternative, but i still want to find one better.

i took the lens shade off, put it in the lens cap upside down (so that the fins are sticking out and will go on the lens to hold on), and put a cloth in between the lens and the lens cap, it holds it on pretty good. but still looking for another alternative if anyone can think of one.

(about the filing part)

yeah, that would take a long time, it wouldn't look good, and make it harder for me to sell if i ever want to.

so far, i think i found an ok alternative, but i still want to find one better.

i took the lens shade off, put it in the lens cap upside down (so that the fins are sticking out and will go on the lens to hold on), and put a cloth in between the lens and the lens cap, it holds it on pretty good. but still looking for another alternative if anyone can think of one.

if you do that, you might as well turn the screws around and screw them towards the cap, so that the shade will hold itself in.

its on a dvx dude.

so you remove the bayo. and have the 72mm threads

Ohhh. I missed the part is a mk2 for a vx. I suck.

if you do that, you might as well turn the screws around and screw them towards the cap, so that the shade will hold itself in.

don't need to, it stays in real good.

i just took all the screws out and put them in a bag so i won't lose them