SkatePerception
mikejl29

The Fisheye Thread

ok thanks im dead broke right now which sucks! im trying to sell this 16mm

hey could u put up some pics of it and with it? i have a couple lenes i might want to trade for

I hate to go nuts, but...

You have to be fucking retaded. There is a pinned topic telling you specifically not to do this. ALSO! Jesus Christ.

Learn to fucking read.

are they good for what they cost?

They're the best thing you can buy, for seriously. Buy 37 of them and make one enormous Voltron fisheye.

Thank You for the merge Timmythy <3333.

Yo sorry guys, I know its listed above, about how the fisheyes that screw on the front of your camera SUCK.

I know this I'm trying to find one to use for a lil bit untell I feel the need to upgrade, I guess what I need to know is, Can I use a screw on lens on my 50mm lens for my 10d?

just for reference, I use the canon 15mm on my 1d and it still has a great effect on the 1.3 body. 15 and 16mm are definitely usable on the 1.3s

Yo sorry guys, I know its listed above, about how the fisheyes that screw on the front of your camera SUCK.

I know this I'm trying to find one to use for a lil bit untell I feel the need to upgrade, I guess what I need to know is, Can I use a screw on lens on my 50mm lens for my 10d?

Your just wasting 25-40 dollars on bullshit and ruining any potential sharp images you could've had with using your 50mm. Don't bother.

if your using a canon body with a 1.6 crop id recommend the sigma 10mm fisheye, its real sharp and certainly wide enough(169 degrees).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/placeofourown/2471405047/

heres a sample shot, i know its not a great shot but you can see how sharp it can be and im new to fisheyes so it can be sharper than that n all.

Your just wasting 25-40 dollars on bullshit and ruining any potential sharp images you could've had with using your 50mm. Don't bother.

I was not asking you if it's a wast of money, I want to know if it will even focus, or work.

It'll work if you buy it to fit the thread size on the front of your 50mm. But it won't work well. I'm just giving you helpful advice and telling you not to waste money on something that you don't need. Unless you like lots of vig, unsharp images and terrible CA.

• Like 1

2266500258_2fc337f214.jpg

Sweet man!

Just search screw on fisheye on flickr. You'll see lots of examples of terrible optical quality.

Hahaha thats transworld material right there. dang dude The only thing is, Im mostly a filmer, thats where all my money went. I don't have like $500.00-$600.00 dollars to shell out. Would there be any way to crop the image to reduce the vig?

If you don't have money, don't use a fisheye. You're asking the question that started this thread. Seriously, take all of these people's advice, don't but the screw-on, and if you really want a fisheye, you can save up. But for now, a 50mm is perfectly fine for skate shots.

Yeah I'm rollin on 100bones. So yeah, Also I was just wondering if there is a way to crop the image? To get rid of the horrific vig.