SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
vx1sk8

Philly Love Park

Ok so i was skating in philly last weekend and we past love and we decided to try to skate it, we got chased out but we didnt get caught by the cops, im just curious what would have happened if we were to get caught, fines? Arrested?

any personal experiences?

i thought i heard that the city doesn't really go out of their way to fuck skaters anymore.

but i have no idea

i thought i heard that the city doesn't really go out of their way to fuck skaters anymore.

but i have no idea

i was there like Saturday afternoon and people were skating, and it didnt seem like the cops cared.

Or maybe i just wasnt there long enough to find out

when i went there people were skating hours at a time. we didnt get kicked out of city hall either.

it all depends on the times. alot of people go there at like 2am and start shredding it.

i skated city hall for hours one day they didnt care at all

i went there like 3 weeks ago, and the cops stopped the kids that were skating when we got there and were like hassling them, and then took their skateboards, and i think gave them a ticket, but we didnt wait around long enough to find out cause i didnt want my board taken.

i dont think that they care to much, but i know that DC and DGK offered them like a combined 3 mill. to open the park back up to skaters, but they turned it down. but i know you can go on Go Skate Day and they dont say anything to you.

idk maybe you guys just had nice sops that day and got lucky.

yeah, you can pretty much skate love on the weekends all day without getting hassled at all. i skated there for like mroe than an hour last weekend as cops across the street just stood there without caring. I hear from people for the past 3 weekends who say theyve skated it all day, so i guess they gave up now. Doesnt matter to me tho, i still get bored there super fast, the ledges up top just arent the same because they are so damn rounded over, and theyve been powerwashed so much. when someone moves the planter from the ledge to drop, then ill be hyped.

ya the place isnt like what it used to be