SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
beartown

Rare Dog Breeds

I'm thinking when I graduate Imma buy myself a large dog breed, and I'm looking into several rare dog breeds including dogue de bordeaux, dogo argentino, tosa inu, caucasian ovcharka, tibetan mastiff, presa canario, shiloh shepherd, neapolitan mastiff, and cane corso. Any of you have firsthand experience with these dogs, or any other large breed I should know about?

i have 2 labradoodle's if that counts as rare? is a lab+poodle mix. one looks more like a poodle, one looks like a lab with a little poodle. its kinda weird, my mom wanted them

get a fucking Leonberger. coolest dogs ever. they're giant, obedient, relaxed, affectionate, overall just really cool. Leonberger.jpg

i dig great pyranees as well but they need a lot of space. they're totally enormous though.

tori.jpg

get a fucking Leonberger. coolest dogs ever. they're giant, obedient, relaxed, affectionate, overall just really cool. Leonberger.jpg

i dig great pyranees as well but they need a lot of space. they're totally enormous though.

tori.jpg

leonbergers are bad ass, I hear they are a great breed. How are they towards strangers?

i want a tibetan mastiff

291433_5.jpg

i was watching a show about tibetan nomads and i was hooked on these dogs.

i have a cockapoo (cockerspanial-poodle) and a german short haired pointer

i want a tibetan mastiff

291433_5.jpg

i was watching a show about tibetan nomads and i was hooked on these dogs.

that is not a fucking dog, that is a monster with fur.

as for me, i have a border collie/german shepard mix. aggressive very rarely, only when you mess with it when it's trying to sleep or it sees fighting its first reaction will to take down the person who is hitting. very fluffy, very friendly, energetic, lazy at times, semi retarded (meaning she will run into a sliding glass door if it's clean enough that she cant see it.) She's also really smart, she can open doors, give hugs, shake paws, and my favorite is play hide and go seek!

and they make enormous dumps too.

i don't actually own a leonberger but i met a woman in the park who was walking two of them. they were both really chill with me just walking up the them and petting them. so i'm assuming they're generally really friendly. the only downside is a puppy costs like 500$? something like that.

i don't actually own a leonberger but i met a woman in the park who was walking two of them. they were both really chill with me just walking up the them and petting them. so i'm assuming they're generally really friendly. the only downside is a puppy costs like 500$? something like that.

I see, if the puppy only cost 500 bones I'd be happy, I'm looking to spend up to $2000.

Leonbergers are fucking awesome, but the downside to owning a dog that big is that they have such a short life span.

:)

my grandfathers girlfriend has an asalapsa (spelling.) shits tiny but awesome. they were used back in mid evil times to guard the kings and queens. those things are fighter dogs.

shiba2.jpg

I have a shiba inu. Not really rare, but not very common.

the pride of japan

my grandfathers girlfriend has an asalapsa (spelling.) shits tiny but awesome. they were used back in mid evil times to guard the kings and queens. those things are fighter dogs.

in the middle of evil times???

it's lhasa apso, they are aggressive though, I won't deny that

lhasa_apso_v05.jpg

(they really are)

Just make sure you avoid an incredibly pure bred dog as they tend to get sick and have a lot more likelihood to have diseases and medical problems than mutts do. Those leonbergers look like awesome dogs though.

in the middle of evil times???

it's lhasa apso, they are aggressive though, I won't deny that

lhasa_apso_v05.jpg

(they really are)

that thing is hideous

ive had 3 english bulldogs and theyre pretty damn good dogs.