SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
friendlyfilmer

How To: Upload A Video Longer Than 10 Minutes On Youtube.

Just doing this for people who didn't know this.

First go to YOUTUBE and sign in to your account.

Then click Account at the top of the page. It will bring you to a new page with your account preferences. Go to the category "My Channel" and under that go to "Channel Info".

When it brings you to the new page, one of the options is "Channel Type", change your channel type to "Director".

There ya go, Update your channel and you can upload videos longer than 10 minutes!

thank you. this has the potential to be pinned if its not abp.

I didn't know this and therefore broke my video up into seven parts before putting it on the tube. Good tip.

Just doing this for people who didn't know this.

First go to YOUTUBE and sign in to your account.

Then click Account at the top of the page. It will bring you to a new page with your account preferences. Go to the category "My Channel" and under that go to "Channel Info".

When it brings you to the new page, one of the options is "Channel Type", change your channel type to "Director".

There ya go, Update your channel and you can upload videos longer than 10 minutes!

i'm sorry but... that didn't do anything at all, and my account is from june 2006

Once you change it to director, how long can the video(s) be?

as long as you want i think.

i seen a video on there where i guy recorded his entire day and put it on and i think it was something like 10 hours long. try sitting through that video.

i seen a video on there where i guy recorded his entire day and put it on and i think it was something like 10 hours long. try sitting through that video.

jesus

Nope it was 4hours and the reason he can upload that is because he is a youtube partner like me, that's when you have no limts.

You cannot upload videos longer than 10 minutes unless you are under one of two categories:

A. You either had a director's account before youtube was updated with that time limit on videos.

B. You have a youtube partnership.

EDIT: Damn I'm such an idiot. Didn't read the date on this.

supposedly youtube sends you an email asking you to become partner or something

someone got youtube partnership because of some stupid out of sync laggy digi cam filmed treflip off a gutter.

You can't do longer videos but you can have a YouTube playlist that will play pieces of your video one after another so it is just like having a longer video. There's sites like vidsnip.com that will cut your video into pieces and create the playlist for you automatically if you search for them...