SkatePerception
Triad

Support Thread For Idiots That Nearly Have To Sell Their Nsx To Fund A Cocaine Habit

Thinking of putting a Saab 9-3 turbo in my Cavalier, but i honestly don't care that much about cars so I don't know if its really worth my time and $$. The 9-3 turbo and exhaust manifold fits the 2.2l ecotec in my cavalier.

I deliver pizzas and I spend alot of time in my car so Im just trying to have a little more fun in the drivers seat.

Just thinking of running low boost.

Yay or nay?

It's not a cost so much as a commitment to replace aging parts on your own. If you have a mechanic doing it all, you're fucked.

Pretty much this. Before i boosted my e30 the only thing that ever went wrong was a coolant line broke, alternator and starter went out. That was over a span of 3 years. If cost was a big deal i wouldnt have bought a car with 245000 miles on it to dd. Of course there are old bimmers out there that are ticking time bombs. Have to know what to look for. Hit the forums. Theres always "what to look for when buying" threads.

I don't mind working on my car myself my friend and I do all kinds of work on his jeep and then I've helped another friend in restoring his old mustang. I'm curious as to where you buy parts for them? Is it something you generally come across second hand or what?

I spent a lot of time on both those sites. hahah. What do you guys think of this car?

http://charlotte.cra...3624467202.html

It would leave me with about $1000 to put into it minus the cost of a new exhaust(I see it for $189 on pelican parts) so I guess that'd leave me with $800 to put into the car...

This is assuming he is firm on the price which I doubt he is.

Tourque steers not a problem as long as your not a pussy. Although it has almost taken me into a curb a time or two haha

Then your car doesn't make a lot of power. Even with a great diff and sticky tires anything making big power is undriveable if front wheel drive. Once you get near or over 400whp front wheel drive is not fun or easy to drive. Personally, I won't drive anything FWD with tons of power even when people offer, it's always sketchy.

What is the cost to maintain an older BMW like you guys are into?

edit: when compared to any other used car of that age.

Cost? More than a newer car, but only because more things will break. Time? Yeah, you better have a lot of it.

Cost? More than a newer car, but only because more things will break. Time? Yeah, you better have a lot of it.

Cost of maintenance might be higher if you're having it dealer maintained but initial cost of ownership is so low and the quality of car/parts is so much better than a new plastic mobile, that you're coming out waaaaaaaaaaay ahead. You can try to convince me otherwise but I am not changing my position.

I spent a lot of time on both those sites. hahah. What do you guys think of this car?

It would leave me with about $1000 to put into it minus the cost of a new exhaust(I see it for $189 on pelican parts) so I guess that'd leave me with $800 to put into the car...

M10 is rock fucking solid and I think his asking price is fair as long as there is minimal to no rust. If you go to get it, try and talk him down some, I bet he would take 1500. Keep in mind if you're a fan of small bumpers they're not easy to get on an 85.

Any videos of that thing? or build specs?

id offer him 1500. make sure to check everything out first. and the m10 isnt going to be fast, if thats what your looking for.

Then your car doesn't make a lot of power. Even with a great diff and sticky tires anything making big power is undriveable if front wheel drive. Once you get near or over 400whp front wheel drive is not fun or easy to drive. Personally, I won't drive anything FWD with tons of power even when people offer, it's always sketchy.

1. fuck driving other peoples cars. I hate it and will not do it.

2. Like i said, theres those time bombs out there. if you arent careful youll pick up a car that will need constant attention an $$$

Hate away lol. My friends SRT4 with 450+WHP. This thing moves the fuck out.

No need to hate, you did for us 2 posts ago.

Couldn't tell you if it's sketchy to drive or not, but he has slicks if he want's to get some grip, but here are some specs..I know it also has meth now too, and tuned for that. 540 at the crank, 485 to the wheels.

• Precision 5862 Turbocharger
  • AGP Log Manifold
  • AGP 38mm Wastegate
  • AGP Dump Tube
  • AGP 3″ o2 Housing
  • AGP Lower and Upper Hardpipes
  • AGP Front Mount Intercooler
  • HKS Pro Series BOV
  • MPX 62mm Throttle Body
  • MaxxFab 3″ Side Exit Exhaust
  • Accelerated Performance Custom 4″ CAI
  • Greddy Catch Can
  • Aeromotive Return Line Kit
  • Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
  • 750cc Injectors
  • JMFabrication Small Battery Kit
  • AEM 3 Bar Map
  • Diablo Trinity (Tuned By Jay @ N2MB)

Word. been talking to him today. He is a little sketchy on the condition of the car. I'll see.

Did find a nice clean Honda hatchback with 172,000 miles... idk.

Couldn't tell you if it's sketchy to drive or not, but he has slicks if he want's to get some grip, but here are some specs..I know it also has meth now too, and tuned for that. 540 at the crank, 485 to the wheels.

• Precision 5862 Turbocharger
  • AGP Log Manifold
  • AGP 38mm Wastegate
  • AGP Dump Tube
  • AGP 3″ o2 Housing
  • AGP Lower and Upper Hardpipes
  • AGP Front Mount Intercooler
  • HKS Pro Series BOV
  • MPX 62mm Throttle Body
  • MaxxFab 3″ Side Exit Exhaust
  • Accelerated Performance Custom 4″ CAI
  • Greddy Catch Can
  • Aeromotive Return Line Kit
  • Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
  • 750cc Injectors
  • JMFabrication Small Battery Kit
  • AEM 3 Bar Map
  • Diablo Trinity (Tuned By Jay @ N2MB)

how much boost? and thats on stock internals? daaaaang.. those are like a 2.4l, yeah?

how much boost? and thats on stock internals? daaaaang.. those are like a 2.4l, yeah?

I'll have to ask. I think 28psi? And from what I know, yes, stock internals. 2.4L

Going to look at this today:

http://www.carolinah...2005-civic.html

As long as there isn't anything wrong with it I'll probably buy it in the next week or so. Lots of miles but the guys a mechanic so I know it's been pretty well taken care of.

EDIT: My ignorant self just realized that the car has a salvage title. Do any of you have experience with this type of thing? Will I still be able get is registered in NC? Will the insurance rates be higher because of this?

Try to avoid salvage. For a car to be declared salvage it has to be declared totaled by the insurance company meaning the cost of repair was more than the car itself. There are just too many questions and unknowns with a salvage car and plus it'll be a hard sell once you try to get rid of it.

Try to avoid salvage. For a car to be declared salvage it has to be declared totaled by the insurance company meaning the cost of repair was more than the car itself. There are just too many questions and unknowns with a salvage car and plus it'll be a hard sell once you try to get rid of it.

With how cheap a Honda Civic is, it wouldn't take much to become a "totaled" car and salvage titled. That said, I wouldn't get it.

That's what I am afraid of. he has pictures of how he bought the car(wrecked) and how it is now. it was mostly just the front left fender and hood smashed in. These cars aren't worth more than 2-3 grand as it is so like The1910Project said. I would be getting it insured the same as I would one with a clean title; liability coverage only. The car seems to be in good enough shape.

Went and test drove the car. The body's a little banged up but the engine runs very well and the clutch is in great shape. I'll probably buy it. Not very many non-riced out civic hatches around nowadays.

Went and test drove the car. The body's a little banged up but the engine runs very well and the clutch is in great shape. I'll probably buy it. Not very many non-riced out civic hatches around nowadays.

It could be structurally flawed from the accident. Get a PPI.

It could be structurally flawed from the accident. Get a PPI.

Oh absolutely. Meeting him at my mechanic's Tuesday.

I cannot wait for everything to be ready/done for my Camaro. It's gonna be pretty damn sweet. I got all new speakers for it from our clubs sponsor, PrecisionPower Audio. Also got a ported throttle body, smaller pulley kit so I will be going from 4psi to about 9-10. Also getting my wheels, supercharger brackets, fuel rails, throttle body, and intake tubes all powdercoated matte black. I'll have all of my parts Tuesday :wub: