SkatePerception
Triad

Support Thread For Idiots That Nearly Have To Sell Their Nsx To Fund A Cocaine Habit

Think the last time I posted I had my speed 3. Got a 99 Cherokee, did lift, tires, ect.. Sold speed 3 2 years later. Looked for an evo for 6 months or so ended up coming across a speed 6 with a brand new long block just installed for cheap. Had 5 miles on it when I bought it. Sold jeep to my buddy and got a 04 f250. Gotta hit the dyno with the speed. Should be around 350 whp. Got a precision 5858 turbo with other goodies. Built motor and diff going in within the next few months along with a new to me transmission. Probably do a meth kit this summer and should put me around 500whp. 

6 hours ago, SteveLaClair said:

Reviving this thread...  Can't say I'm much of a "car guy" anymore.. I've had this thing for a year but will probably end up selling it in the spring and getting something useful like a Tacoma so I can do smart things financially for a few years.

Definitely fun as hell to drive.  Had the whole thing ceramic coated so it stays looking brand new all the time, rain just washes everything right off.

m3-1.jpg

m3-2.jpg

What wheels are those? 

Tacoma's are great. 5 of my friends have 3rd Gens right now. You're going to hate it but they're good trucks. 

Also, a black M car is textbook tech bro. You did well. 

I sold my first car (my GLI) and bought another stupid Volkswagen toward the middle of last year. Practical AF which was the goal. Saving potential cool car money for buying a house. Probably will get some wheels for it, though. 

2017-11-05 05.41.28 5.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, accelskate said:

What wheels are those? 

Tacoma's are great. 5 of my friends have 3rd Gens right now. You're going to hate it but they're good trucks. 

Also, a black M car is textbook tech bro. You did well. 

They’re the ones that come with the competition package. TBH, I see every other color but no black F80’s. (Audi’s are a different story)

Why do you think I’d hate a Tacoma? Or is it that I’d hate stepping down? The easy transition plan is to sell it, drive my fiancé’s wastebin jetta for a month and then everything feels nice. 

3 minutes ago, SteveLaClair said:

They’re the ones that come with the competition package. TBH, I see every other color but no black F80’s. (Audi’s are a different story)

Why do you think I’d hate a Tacoma? Or is it that I’d hate stepping down? The easy transition plan is to sell it, drive my fiancé’s wastebin jetta for a month and then everything feels nice. 

Yeah, I was going to say, the black is never something I would own, but not what I normally see. 

Stepping down, for sure, but also just the fact that so many people love to bitch about the engine/trans. If you leave them on stock sized tires, they're fine, even if the motor is really set up for top end power and sort of a dog when towing and such. If you put them on bigger tires and a lift, they really need a regear for ideal performance and driveability. 

At the end of the day, I'm mainly just being overly dramatic as they are great trucks for what they are. Just no F80. 

The 18s are sweet, though. You looking at a Sport or Offroad? 

18 minutes ago, accelskate said:

Yeah, I was going to say, the black is never something I would own, but not what I normally see. 

Stepping down, for sure, but also just the fact that so many people love to bitch about the engine/trans. If you leave them on stock sized tires, they're fine, even if the motor is really set up for top end power and sort of a dog when towing and such. If you put them on bigger tires and a lift, they really need a regear for ideal performance and driveability. 

At the end of the day, I'm mainly just being overly dramatic as they are great trucks for what they are. Just no F80. 

The 18s are sweet, though. You looking at a Sport or Offroad? 

Black is amazing with ceramic coating, I’m sold on that stuff. 

I was looking at just doing a TRD sport, wouldn’t do anything in the tire/wheel dept as I don’t really care about that stuff. 

I like the idea that it’s a truck that you could easily drive for 20 years. I’ll mull over it for a few months for sure. 

12 hours ago, SteveLaClair said:

Black is amazing with ceramic coating, I’m sold on that stuff. 

I was looking at just doing a TRD sport, wouldn’t do anything in the tire/wheel dept as I don’t really care about that stuff. 

I like the idea that it’s a truck that you could easily drive for 20 years. I’ll mull over it for a few months for sure. 

For sure, Ceramic costing is the way to go. 

You're exactly right about that, though. They last forever and that residual is crazy. If I needed a truck, I'd have one. 

Love the ceramic coated F80! I've really gotten into the euro scene due to work over the last couple years. I still drive a japanese shitbox; I bought this 2011 Evo GSR in the fall of '16 and have really enjoyed it. Detailing has also become an interesting subject for me and I had my car fully paint corrected, partially clear bra'd, and then finally coated within a couple weeks of owning it. I still picked up a few rock chips on these crappy Charlotte roads in the short time it was exposed. It dyno'd 230whp stock and now makes 350ish with the help of a high flow cat, catback, intake, upper intercooler pipe, boost controller, and a nice tune. I've also done brake upgrades, delrin/poly upgraded differential and driveshaft bushings, a stiffer front motor mount, upgraded ball joints/tie rod ends, bilstein shocks off a higher trim Evo, lowering springs, and the full shifter bushing package and a short shifter. It's a pretty well rounded car now and is almost as fun to bang through the gears in as my old rb25 240sx. But nowhere near as charming. 

DSC01372-Edit.thumb.jpg.0483a02d7585357d257ec45ef2e4e962.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/31/2018 at 10:01 AM, accelskate said:

For sure, Ceramic costing is the way to go. 

You're exactly right about that, though. They last forever and that residual is crazy. If I needed a truck, I'd have one. 

Roast me, I went full bro and ordered a TRD Pro.  

• Like 1

On 1/30/2018 at 6:12 PM, SteveLaClair said:

My 98 Tacoma is now 20 and going strong at 281k. Considering replacing with a newer one or 4runner. 

• Like 1

Talked myself off a cliff (e63 wagon), and went with a much more sensible cash purchase (05 C2S)...happy I did! I would not have had nearly as much fun with a car the bank owned:

gbVA4RE.jpg

(still got the little red qt in the back...not sure why, might teach the wife to drive stick on it and then send it off a cliff)

edit: trying to change my username back to Stefan C.  not sure if I can

Not taking that bet!

Also got this (car related), it's a blast when I have the time to do it, still just messing with the console games...right now it's Gran Turismo Sport...hit me up y'all PSN: tenpoundclam 

zZShpDt.jpg

edit: thanks for the name fix

On 2/20/2018 at 11:08 AM, SteveLaClair said:

Roast me, I went full bro and ordered a TRD Pro.  

Hahaha yes! What color?

12 hours ago, accelskate said:

Hahaha yes! What color?

Black.. I was able to work 3 dealerships against each other and get one for under MSRP (which I read isn't easy), they're estimating I'll have it in 4 weeks or so.  Durham had a white one on the floor but they weren't budging on the $2k of markup.

My turbo e30 has been sitting since 2013. Ive been trying to give it to my brother and uncle for like a year and I think theyre finally going to take it. Shortly after finishing the build I realized that all I really wanna do is ride my skateboard so I said fuck wasting time and money on a car. My volvo 850 is still the greatest dd that ive ever owned and i fucking love that thing. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jay. said:

all I really wanna do is ride my skateboard so I said fuck wasting time and money on a car. 

This is the correct move man.

• Like 1

Damn well, I had my e46 for about 2 years, then had gotten rid of it last year and now finishing up on my s chassis. 240 was stock, now it’s a different color with lots of goodies and a sr20! I do have a daily but that’s nothing worth talking about

C08E0E4D-0369-48C7-B521-1D1F6B302008.jpeg

D9E11498-2192-42F4-BF6B-C0A6A70DD66F.jpeg