Jump to content
SkatePerception
Triad

Support Thread For Idiots That Nearly Have To Sell Their Nsx To Fund A Cocaine Habit

Recommended Posts

Think the last time I posted I had my speed 3. Got a 99 Cherokee, did lift, tires, ect.. Sold speed 3 2 years later. Looked for an evo for 6 months or so ended up coming across a speed 6 with a brand new long block just installed for cheap. Had 5 miles on it when I bought it. Sold jeep to my buddy and got a 04 f250. Gotta hit the dyno with the speed. Should be around 350 whp. Got a precision 5858 turbo with other goodies. Built motor and diff going in within the next few months along with a new to me transmission. Probably do a meth kit this summer and should put me around 500whp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SteveLaClair said:

Reviving this thread...  Can't say I'm much of a "car guy" anymore.. I've had this thing for a year but will probably end up selling it in the spring and getting something useful like a Tacoma so I can do smart things financially for a few years.

Definitely fun as hell to drive.  Had the whole thing ceramic coated so it stays looking brand new all the time, rain just washes everything right off.

m3-1.jpg

m3-2.jpg

What wheels are those? 

 

Tacoma's are great. 5 of my friends have 3rd Gens right now. You're going to hate it but they're good trucks. 

Also, a black M car is textbook tech bro. You did well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sold my first car (my GLI) and bought another stupid Volkswagen toward the middle of last year. Practical AF which was the goal. Saving potential cool car money for buying a house. Probably will get some wheels for it, though. 

 

2017-11-05 05.41.28 5.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, accelskate said:

What wheels are those? 

 

Tacoma's are great. 5 of my friends have 3rd Gens right now. You're going to hate it but they're good trucks. 

Also, a black M car is textbook tech bro. You did well. 

They’re the ones that come with the competition package. TBH, I see every other color but no black F80’s. (Audi’s are a different story)

Why do you think I’d hate a Tacoma? Or is it that I’d hate stepping down? The easy transition plan is to sell it, drive my fiancé’s wastebin jetta for a month and then everything feels nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SteveLaClair said:

They’re the ones that come with the competition package. TBH, I see every other color but no black F80’s. (Audi’s are a different story)

Why do you think I’d hate a Tacoma? Or is it that I’d hate stepping down? The easy transition plan is to sell it, drive my fiancé’s wastebin jetta for a month and then everything feels nice. 

Yeah, I was going to say, the black is never something I would own, but not what I normally see. 

Stepping down, for sure, but also just the fact that so many people love to bitch about the engine/trans. If you leave them on stock sized tires, they're fine, even if the motor is really set up for top end power and sort of a dog when towing and such. If you put them on bigger tires and a lift, they really need a regear for ideal performance and driveability. 

At the end of the day, I'm mainly just being overly dramatic as they are great trucks for what they are. Just no F80. 

The 18s are sweet, though. You looking at a Sport or Offroad? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, accelskate said:

Yeah, I was going to say, the black is never something I would own, but not what I normally see. 

Stepping down, for sure, but also just the fact that so many people love to bitch about the engine/trans. If you leave them on stock sized tires, they're fine, even if the motor is really set up for top end power and sort of a dog when towing and such. If you put them on bigger tires and a lift, they really need a regear for ideal performance and driveability. 

At the end of the day, I'm mainly just being overly dramatic as they are great trucks for what they are. Just no F80. 

The 18s are sweet, though. You looking at a Sport or Offroad? 

Black is amazing with ceramic coating, I’m sold on that stuff. 

I was looking at just doing a TRD sport, wouldn’t do anything in the tire/wheel dept as I don’t really care about that stuff. 

I like the idea that it’s a truck that you could easily drive for 20 years. I’ll mull over it for a few months for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SteveLaClair said:

Black is amazing with ceramic coating, I’m sold on that stuff. 

I was looking at just doing a TRD sport, wouldn’t do anything in the tire/wheel dept as I don’t really care about that stuff. 

I like the idea that it’s a truck that you could easily drive for 20 years. I’ll mull over it for a few months for sure. 

For sure, Ceramic costing is the way to go. 

You're exactly right about that, though. They last forever and that residual is crazy. If I needed a truck, I'd have one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the ceramic coated F80! I've really gotten into the euro scene due to work over the last couple years. I still drive a japanese shitbox; I bought this 2011 Evo GSR in the fall of '16 and have really enjoyed it. Detailing has also become an interesting subject for me and I had my car fully paint corrected, partially clear bra'd, and then finally coated within a couple weeks of owning it. I still picked up a few rock chips on these crappy Charlotte roads in the short time it was exposed. It dyno'd 230whp stock and now makes 350ish with the help of a high flow cat, catback, intake, upper intercooler pipe, boost controller, and a nice tune. I've also done brake upgrades, delrin/poly upgraded differential and driveshaft bushings, a stiffer front motor mount, upgraded ball joints/tie rod ends, bilstein shocks off a higher trim Evo, lowering springs, and the full shifter bushing package and a short shifter. It's a pretty well rounded car now and is almost as fun to bang through the gears in as my old rb25 240sx. But nowhere near as charming. 

DSC01372-Edit.thumb.jpg.0483a02d7585357d257ec45ef2e4e962.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2018 at 10:01 AM, accelskate said:

For sure, Ceramic costing is the way to go. 

You're exactly right about that, though. They last forever and that residual is crazy. If I needed a truck, I'd have one. 

Roast me, I went full bro and ordered a TRD Pro.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2018 at 6:12 PM, SteveLaClair said:

 

I like the idea that it’s a truck that you could easily drive for 20 years. I’ll mull over it for a few months for sure. 

My 98 Tacoma is now 20 and going strong at 281k. Considering replacing with a newer one or 4runner. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talked myself off a cliff (e63 wagon), and went with a much more sensible cash purchase (05 C2S)...happy I did! I would not have had nearly as much fun with a car the bank owned:

gbVA4RE.jpg

(still got the little red qt in the back...not sure why, might teach the wife to drive stick on it and then send it off a cliff)

edit: trying to change my username back to Stefan C.  not sure if I can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not taking that bet!

Also got this (car related), it's a blast when I have the time to do it, still just messing with the console games...right now it's Gran Turismo Sport...hit me up y'all PSN: tenpoundclam 

zZShpDt.jpg

edit: thanks for the name fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×