SkatePerception
Triad

Support Thread For Idiots That Nearly Have To Sell Their Nsx To Fund A Cocaine Habit

mine.jpg

post your WIP.... Work In Progress

this is not a chopped bus.... this is a 57 VW singelcab

this was left abandoned in a co worker of mines backyard by his old neighbor. He left a 57, 59 and 64. I was going to buy all 3, because its a dream come true to not just walk into a backyard and find one of your dream cars... but three, but I ended up just buying the 57 and 59. There were tons of boxes inside the bed of the 57, and as I started going through them I relized there were brand new parts for everything on the entire car for restoration. I've been adding it all up and its a few thousands of dollars in parts I dont have to buy now, plus there is everything original that was pulled off and kept out of the elements. So theres and insane amount of value in those parts also. Im just to hyped on this project im about to start on

Mine now:

07civic_coupe2.jpg

2006_Civic_Coupe_08.jpg

Mines the same, just not my pictures. Same color, 2006, 5 speed.

Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be in this:

l_a19135e32f9e4c66819e82237d5e32e3.jpg

l_af39c646f9e944edb86c4837037f03f4.jpg

Mine now:

Mines the same, just not my pictures. Same color, 2006, 5 speed.

Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be in this:

why r18 if you were planning on going faster? you would have been satisfied throwing the extra 3k for the si. k20 loveeee

total classic. I kick myself for blowing so many years on honda's when E30 and E36 M3's were out there. (Type R excluded of course)

that hurts, steve. that hurts.

mhmm those vw's are amazing but, from what ive read for the last like year of researching for a first real car, they arent reliable at all... its a shame

my friends gli is fucking up terribly. broken downpipe, his camshaft sensors went out, tranny started dropping into gear(autoclutch), like to the point where i thought his tranny was about to pop out, and he took a look under the car and his oil line is leaking all over his turbo. i would never trust a volkswagen after seeing that one fall apart so fast. and i live in the city APR started in.... i almost raced an apr a4 today, as a matter of fact. but for one, i know it was stage 4 turbo so i'd be demolished, and two, i already have two tickets in two months, one more and i'm done for three months.

why r18 if you were planning on going faster? you would have been satisfied throwing the extra 3k for the si. k20 loveeee

When I was buying my car the SI's had just come out so dealers were up pricing them like crazy and adding every dealer installed option they could. After all was said and done, the SI's were around $6,000 more. And you seem like a Honda gearhead, so there really isn't any arguing with you, but the SI's just aren't even that fast. I love them, but driving it was sort of a let down. And I didn't really care about performance when I bought the civic. I was just looking for a nice reliable car, I never intended, and still don't intend on doing any modifications to my car. My plan was to wait, then get a car I would really feel good working on, and I love the r32's. Thinking about an s2000 as well, probably leaning more towards it due to price and reliability. And I will never really see the point in putting a lot of money into a front wheel drive car. I've driven a good amount of modded front wheel drive cars, and I'll take a nice stock s2000 or something RWD or AWD anyday.

not so much of a gearhead, but i love my car. i would trade it for a 95 turbo, sti, or evo anyday if i wanted my car to be a superpower. i just think the si's are a great competitor in their class. i know my civic isn't the fastest thing out there, and i don't drive it like it is, i'm just satisfied with it and don't like when it's bashed. trust me, i'm trying to talk my friend into building up his c230k, i'm not all hondas.

as of right now, until this thing falls apart, which seems very soon:

1216245164.jpg

but in the near future hopefully:

scion-tc-1163145511364253953573014.jpg

or

a ralliart

Mitsubishi-Lancer_Ralliart_2004_128.jpg

or

Honda-Civic_Si_2004-1.jpg

can someone suggest a good Japanese car for around $8g or so? i'll be 18 in march and i wanna take out a loan for a car, but i don't buy american cars and i don't know shit about modifying cars, so i'll be hitting the dealership.

can someone suggest a good Japanese car for around $8g or so? i'll be 18 in march and i wanna take out a loan for a car, but i don't buy american cars and i don't know shit about modifying cars, so i'll be hitting the dealership.

do you want just a normal everyday car or do you want a sporty original not a civic,corolla,camry?

i know for sure that you can pay off a base model lancer for reallly cheap if your credits good an all.

as of right now, until this thing falls apart, which seems very soon:

1216245164.jpg

but in the near future hopefully:

TC

or

a ralliart

or

04 civic hatch

out of those three, i'd look at the ralliart. EP3's have have "ecofriendly" k20, which basically cancels itself out, and tc's are base of 161whp. just my opinion though.

and rise-against, look at import tuning websites. they usually have strong cars for STEALS because they're too modded to be sold back to dealerships. i've seen supercharged gti vr6's go for 8 grand, along with eclipses with completely redone turbo kits/internals.

do you want just a normal everyday car or do you want a sporty original not a civic,corolla,camry?

yeah, just a normal car, both my parents drive honda accords which are great! something like that, civic etc.

oh, and i can't drive stick :wub:

out of those three, i'd look at the ralliart. EP3's have have "ecofriendly" k20, which basically cancels itself out, and tc's are base of 161whp. just my opinion though.

and rise-against, look at import tuning websites. they usually have strong cars for STEALS because they're too modded to be sold back to dealerships. i've seen supercharged gti vr6's go for 8 grand, along with eclipses with completely redone turbo kits/internals.

yeah i love the ralliarts b/c they are cheaper than a evo and good on insurance, but they have the same HP as a TC, and they are around the same price, and TC's are extremely low on insurance for a 17 year old, and i love the interiors.

Everything about the Tc is very comfortable, my sister has an XB which is just amazing on the inside, speakers and the sound system, and the comfort. its really nice, i just dont like a box for a car. Also the parentals (mom) has to agree, and since my sister has an XB my mom likes scions and we have a good mechanic.

and the SI i like just cause its an alternative to an unreliable GTI or something haha i know its no where close to the power, but its a fastish hatchback.

but either id be in love with...

yeah, just a normal car, both my parents drive honda accords which are great! something like that, civic etc.

oh, and i can't drive stick :wub:

id look into a like a 2001 up to around 2005 civic, accords... 2001 civics are decently priced. just have to find one in a dealership. unless you are thinking of buying a brand new car for 8k which idk if that happens

yeah i love the ralliarts b/c they are cheaper than a evo and good on insurance, but they have the same HP as a TC, and they are around the same price, and TC's are extremely low on insurance for a 17 year old, and i love the interiors.

Everything about the Tc is very comfortable, my sister has an XB which is just amazing on the inside, speakers and the sound system, and the comfort. its really nice, i just dont like a box for a car. Also the parentals (mom) has to agree, and since my sister has an XB my mom likes scions and we have a good mechanic.

and the SI i like just cause its an alternative to an unreliable GTI or something haha i know its no where close to the power, but its a fastish hatchback.

but either id be in love with...

id look into a like a 2001 up to around 2005 civic, accords... 2001 civics are decently priced. just have to find one in a dealership. unless you are thinking of buying a brand new car for 8k which idk if that happens

i know nothing about ralliarts, so that was just a guess to go with that. haha but the tc's are great for style/luxury. you can basically do anything you want to them. they just don't compete in speed, unless there's some mod you can do to them that i don't know about, which there could be. i don't look at them much. and older gti's are reliable from what i've heard, plus they run super cheap. the ep3's are still super reliable and ARE faster than some of it's competitors, and i don't know the mod possibilities, if that's what you're looking for, but i'm sure there are a good few. and if you're going with a stick, the shift knob is positioned TERRIBLY, if you want my opinion. in-dash shifters just aren't for me.

sorry if i keep assuming everyone wants to tune their car, i just forget which forum i'm on when SP starts going into car discussion. haha

2749743883_b286fa5654.jpg

look at dat ass.

haha pullin a sleeper with the shaved SS. i bet that works to your advantage.