SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Sormaz

New Rules Regarding The Post Count Limit

As a work around to the recently increased post count limit, I have noticed frequent threads in which people post items that their 'friends' are selling.

if you list something as being sold for a friend, you accept the same responsibility for the item as you would if it was your own

That means, no more 'turning' threads over to other people. From now on, posting sales for other members will be considered to be similar to a "co-signing". see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co-signing

If you are either completely oblivious or completely retarded, here is a grade A example of what im talking about. http://forums.skateperception.com/index.php?showtopic=195474

Threads in violation will be locked without warning

thanks have a good day!

good, when ever someone is saying that they are selling it for a friend it makes you think twice

• Like 1

As much of a good idea everyone was thinking the 500 post rule is, its just making skateperception an annoying god damn mess with kids making stupid pointless posts in everyone's threads trying to get there post count up. I'm not an Og member but I've been on here long enough to notice a big change in the site. Theirs got to be some other way of keep scams out of our site.

Yeah, you guys are making it hard for us filmers to get new gear when we can't sell our own stuff to peeps that deverve it. Is there a way to do it by joined date or something? I Don't like to post bs post but I can def see people doing it to sell some thing. I just seen a post from someone posting each word as a new post, come on? I agree with the dude above.

As much of a good idea everyone was thinking the 500 post rule is, its just making skateperception an annoying god damn mess with kids making stupid pointless posts in everyone's threads trying to get there post count up. I'm not an Og member but I've been on here long enough to notice a big change in the site. Theirs got to be some other way of keep scams out of our site.

Hell yea, I was thinkin like sp gets like a bunch of middlemen where you send your camera or some other expensive shit to n the other dude sends the money and when he gets both your shit he'll ship it out. That wayif the other dudes tryin to scam you you just get your shit back. Fuck man id pay extra if there was a system like this

Hell yea, I was thinkin like sp gets like a bunch of middlemen where you send your camera or some other expensive shit to n the other dude sends the money and when he gets both your shit he'll ship it out. That wayif the other dudes tryin to scam you you just get your shit back. Fuck man id pay extra if there was a system like this

If you guys wanted to send your shit through me and drop me a couple bucks, i'd be willing to do this

If you guys wanted to send your shit through me and drop me a couple bucks, i'd be willing to do this

Shit, I'll do that, if you're willing to that is.

Shit, I'll do that, if you're willing to that is.

Absolutely. Just let me know the appropriate information when you have a deal going through on here.

Absolutely. Just let me know the appropriate information when you have a deal going through on here.

Alright. Cool.

why so high?

like i only use sp for selling, trading, or buying setups.

i'm not on here enough to have that many posts which really rapes me when i want to sell something.

I too have bumped into this issue,

I've been a member you years but don't use the forum daily.

I've now got my VX2100 which I would like to sell on but I'd rather not result in trawling through the forum bumping threads just to bring my post count in the 500s, it would be a waste of time and clutter a perfectly good and well running forum.

How can I go about selling stuff legitimately on here without breaking the rules guys?

Surely you can set some sort of moderation before each thread goes to sale?

I'm a moderator on a phpBB based car forum, and with that you can have the option of a sale thread needing to be approved by a moderator before it goes live on the forum.

@timmy12

have you tried making a thread to sell anything? im pretty sure since you have been a member since before the rule was put in you can still post in the classifieds.

why so high?

like i only use sp for selling, trading, or buying setups.

i'm not on here enough to have that many posts which really rapes me when i want to sell something.

i think the idea is to make it a trade section for members, not to just give this site a classifieds section. you only use this place for trade, so youre not really a member of the site are you

Are you guys even enforcing this anymore?? There's so many threads out there with this bullshit going on. Someone needs to hop out there and start shutting down threads.

good, when ever someone is saying that they are selling it for a friend it makes you think twice

easy for you to say. . . (858 posts)

I'd Just like to say I have such a low post count its rediculous. But I've sold some really expensive items here in the past with people backing me up. I used to moderate digital skate before skate perception was conceived. I was also an active user on skateboardphotography and agroism and know chase personally from that website.

Now my point is I've recently decided to sell/trade some equipment and would rather it go to a skateboarder then some kook on craigslist. Im 24 years old with a car payment and rent to pay and I do not have any time to be upping a post count on some forum. Now I have no problem with selling my gear on ebay and linking it here. Im just curious as to weather theres another way to sell items here?

I'd Just like to say I have such a low post count its rediculous. But I've sold some really expensive items here in the past with people backing me up. I used to moderate digital skate before skate perception was conceived. I was also an active user on skateboardphotography and agroism and know chase personally from that website.

Now my point is I've recently decided to sell/trade some equipment and would rather it go to a skateboarder then some kook on craigslist. Im 24 years old with a car payment and rent to pay and I do not have any time to be upping a post count on some forum. Now I have no problem with selling my gear on ebay and linking it here. Im just curious as to weather theres another way to sell items here?

you could always lurk the wtb section and hope someone wants to buy what your selling, than send em pics and the details

500 is too much, i feel like i make posts trying to help people and ive been on here for over a year and im not even half way i dont think. im a honest guy, just trying to sell some good equipment and get some in return. Can you buy things from classifieds if you dont have 500 posts? i need a MK1!!!

no offense to anyone, but the classifieds section is more like a privilege than a right. with that in mind, the only reason the guidelines are there is to prevent anyone from getting screwed over. it isn't meant to keep people out as much as keep people safe.