SkatePerception
adam hopkins

Make Any Ledge Skateable In 30 Mins

ive done 3 or 4 ledges now you learn alot from doing it each time.

puddle on the lacquer put it in really thick and it'll be amazing to skate

alright, if i do it do you think i should use like the entire can of lacquer?

or would that be way over-doing it?

alright, if i do it do you think i should use like the entire can of lacquer?

or would that be way over-doing it?

probably not if you have a long ass ledge shur, bu what i usually do is hold the lacquer about 2 inches away and spray then go in lines along the edge, the side and the top ti should be sitting on there pretty heavy.

on another topic, i sprained both my ankles today so I'll get some pictures up of ledges i've done this to

If you have a small propane torch you can put on a layer of wax, melt it in, and repeat. This works good to, but you have to make sue not to heat up the ledge itself too much.

Make any ledge skate able in roughly 30 mins

2. Crow Bar

If the ledge has caps/ knobs/ skate stoppers that should be pried off, (self explanatory)

I've been wanting to do this to a ledge around me for a while, I'm just worried that prying it out could chunk the ledge up or something. I guess you could cut them if you had the right tools, but are there any other easier ways people know of getting ones without screws off? Or if we have to pry it and it does get chunked up, is there a way to fill them? A few years ago we tried just pouring some quickcrete on a ledge that was rocky, and tried skating it, it chunked immediately...Is there anything better I could use if it did happen to mess the ledge up?

Me and a friend have been using the rub brick on ledges for probably a year now and it is definitely legit. Got mine from Home Depot for $12. Also, you can save a lot of time by using Gulf Wax (wax used for sealing canned goods, can get a pack of 4 at Kroger for 5 bucks) instead of lacquer. I've never used lacquer, but never had a problem with gulf wax. Only thing is, it is soft so it doesn't work well when extremely hot out. The rub brick is probably he best tool you can have though. We've made unskated ledges smith-grindable in like 10 minutes with the rub brick + gulf wax combo. Just remember to use this thing when there is no one around...preferably night time cause it is kind of loud.

wat can i use to put a piece of cement back onto a ledge because we broke off a knob but a fat chunk of the corner of the ledge came off. would bondo work? or some type of glue

If you don't have a rub brick, use an old truck. It takes longer and it wears out your arm, but it works the same-- it smooths out the curb before you start waxing it. It basically just breaks in the curb for you. I literally did this the other night with clear spray paint and wax. I went back and skated it today and it is beyond buttery.

Q n A

Using a propane torch to melt wax on a ledge does not work as good as the rub brick, laquer and wax combo

the rub brick smooths out the concrete

the lacquer seals it

and the wax makes a buttery coating

Ledge Chipping from crow bar

depending on the size of the hole use bondo, it'll fall out over time but better than a skate stopped ledge

an old skateboard truck

if you got the will power to spend 45 minutes on a ledge with an old skateboard truck to try smooth it out go for it, a rub brick takes 5-10 minutes

spray paint on ledge

use spray paint if you want but its alot more noticeable which if cops show up may lead to problems

I'll be making a video tutorial within the next month

Tools

DSC04940-1.jpg

Left to Right

Rub Brick, Clear Laquer, Black Spray paint, Grey primer, Sand Paper, Bondo

Bandannas, Hammer, Safety Glasses, Hack Saw, Hacksaw Blades, Pry Bars, Putty Knife

It was near the laquer stuff...but there was no spray version, just cans....dude said its better than laqcuer....but he was prob referring to what they're 'intended' for lol