SkatePerception
adam hopkins

Make Any Ledge Skateable In 30 Mins

im gonna try this out on a ledge thats really chipped up. it used to be good a couple years ago but now its crap.

just be careful of wax already on the ledge, if the ledge is all covered in wax it wont grind down as good

if you're committed to resurrecting an old beat up ledge spray bleach on the wax. Overnight the wax should become dry and flakey and just about brush off. Then brick it and you're all set. Also remember that this process can get pretty dusty so maybe think of bringing a little hand broom to clear all the dust off before you lacquer or wax.

By the way, thanks adam for a great tip. I picked one up in burnaby a few weeks ago and it really is invaluable to a skate session.

i dont really feel like its necessary to do all of this just to skate a ledge. unless its like a epic ledge.

or you live in a city that has 0 ledges spots except for the rough one that u can only slide

does the rub brick wear down after awhile?

Is the lacquer really necessary for just a quick session? i would use it if its a neighborhood ledge to keep it skate able but if its a one time sesh can i deal without it?

Is the lacquer really necessary for just a quick session? i would use it if its a neighborhood ledge to keep it skate able but if its a one time sesh can i deal without it?

yes and know, the laquer makes it so you can grind it it creates a seal on the concrete it's almost like spray on wax and once you wax over it its buttery

mines worn down a bit i've used it to fix some granite, fixed some pool coping damage from bmx, and 3 or 4 concrete ledges now and still plenty of life

I-xl masonary? thats the only place i could find them out here

Maybe, the places was 2 or 3 blocks away from lake city way station.

if the ledge has a hard corner, not rounded or bevelled, just try to use different areas of the brick since you can wear a groove in them after a few times.

I got this over spring break and i finally have got arround to using the brick its possibly the greatest thing that has happened to me ever.

if you get wax in the brick and for whatever reason that bothers you, just grab a blow torch and burn the wax off.

how do you get wax off a ledge? i want to do this to a ledge with wax on it but dont want to mess up my rub brick. will wax ruin a rub brick?

if you're committed to resurrecting an old beat up ledge spray bleach on the wax. Overnight the wax should become dry and flakey and just about brush off.

how do you get wax off a ledge? i want to do this to a ledge with wax on it but dont want to mess up my rub brick. will wax ruin a rub brick?

ask yourself two questions before asking something like that again:

1. can you squish wax between your fingers?

2. how about a rock?