SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
rockthemicnohomo

Official Wide Board Global Trend Thread

Why is the wide board (i.e. 8.5") trend so crazy right now? I don't understand it? Those who have gone to 8.5" why? What sparked you to go so big? I'm genuinely curious.

some of you dutes maybe hate and stare at this thread like you got a mouthful of sour grapes cause i skate 7.62" and rock a lo-goose, full camo army fatigues and buttaskotch timbs on the weekend, but dute, i ain't hatin, in the end we all just skaterat. just tell me why the 8+ trend?

Why is the wide board (i.e. 8.5") trend so crazy right now? I don't understand it? Those who have gone to 8.5" why? What sparked you to go so big? I'm genuinely curious.

some of you dutes maybe hate and stare at this thread like you got a mouthful of sour grapes cause i skate 7.62" and rock a lo-goose, full camo army fatigues and buttaskotch timbs on the weekend, but dute, i ain't hatin, in the end we all just skaterat. just tell me why the 8+ trend?

again, what is a dute?

I ride 8.5 because its more stable (providing you are rocking 8.5 indys with it), and I have a size 12/13 foot. Granted I don't skate much street, but I know more than acouple street skaters who use 8-8.5 boards and love them because their easier to catch flips on.

Is it really a craze/trend if it works.feels better?

is this tete's new acount?

Yeah, you kinda talk like him. You seem to enjoy writing in what you find to be an original way that imitates possibly your own speech patterns, but while 'dute' and 'buttaskotch' might fly when you're talking, it makes you look utterly retarded when you're writing it and it doesn't make you more endearing to anyone. Please stop.

is this tete's new acount?

Either that or he is trying to copy the way tete talks. He started talking like this after tete posted the dog steez limp wrist thread

i rode 7.75's since my first board eight or so years ago, then one day a year or so ago I realized that my feet have grown quite a bit since then, so I stepped it up to an 8

I skate either a 7.63 or 7.75 cause I like to skate flat ground a lot and my shoe size is a 9.5.

It actually kind of is like a trend now. A few years ago, it was all about low trucks, small wheels, and small boards. Around here nowadays, its all about 53mm+, 8"+, and hi Indy's. I skate an 8.0 with Ace's and 53mm STF's, but its nothing trendy; it's just the most comfortable.

i skate an 8, it makes awkward transitions easier.

and i like both rocthemic and tete. they both bring up good points in a manner that makes me think it's kind of funny.

I just started skating 8's so my friend could give me his boards when he doesn't need them, not trend reasons :unsure:

i skate an 8, it makes awkward transitions easier.

and i like both rocthemic and tete they both bring up good points in a manner that makes me think it's kind of funny.

you just may be the only wiseman on this thread yet, you actually read the thread and know i wasn't hatin. and possibly the only dute in this whole joint with a sense of humor. all these other dutes are real mad right now, the don't know who's who dute, so dute, thank you for answering the question straight up. ride that 8, do you playboy!