SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Jon Rogers

The Bicycle Thread

I have a question about cranks that i'm sure one of your folks could help me with.

I want to buy a new crank so I was looking at this and i figured I would buy a chainring separate. How would I figure out if the chain ring fits on the crank arm? Would something like this fit on that crank arm?

I have a question about cranks that i'm sure one of your folks could help me with.

I want to buy a new crank so I was looking at this and i figured I would buy a chainring separate. How would I figure out if the chain ring fits on the crank arm? Would something like this fit on that crank arm?

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but the CrankArm has a 130mm mounting thinggyy, so does the Chainring, which means Yes, it will work.

AC Slater shut the fuck up, I know you've had your avatar forever, but people like bikes. Get over it.

UHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what THE FUCK are you rambling about...

ive really been wanting a fixed gear for a while now just like for fun and go on bike rides and stuff but i dont know much about them in general and i cant afford anything expensive so im just looking for a good, simple, inexpensive bike

i thought maybe someone could give me some advice

does this look pretty good for a first bike??

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-NEW-ROAD-RACING-T...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I am pretty sure I am selling the bike I just converted, but I was thinking about painting it first. Idk, but I had a lot of fun with the whole conversion so my plan is to find another bike and go through the process again and keep that one, its whatever though :)

Fixed on 48 x 16. 30 miles of it was going into a headwind, that was terrible. D:

I just saw a dude with white suede double toe straps, any ideas where to find those? Not white leather, it was suede!!!

reallly?? i didnt know this was so popular on sp.. honestly you guys should take this to like fgbperception hahahah... the only thing i thought was cool was that guy ripping on these fgb he was sick i hope he rides normal bmx bikes.. this is probly one of the most lamest topics in aag let the BITCHING BEGIN!!!!

I just saw a dude with white suede double toe straps, any ideas where to find those? Not white leather, it was suede!!!

toshi double straps

they're suede over nylon

they run around $100, or $79 on the njs site, but shipping from japan will cost ya

My new wheel set should be here today hopefully... I hate waiting for deliveries.

I've been doing ss but new wheels are flip flops so I'm excited to do fixed

I need a new frame. Or at least a new paint job.

Any certain type of paint that is good to paint frames?

you can do it good, or you can do it shitty...

the good way would be start by sanding the frame, than give it 2 coats of primer. After the second is dried do a wet sand and apply the first coat of color. Let it dry, wet sand and apply the second coat. Do that oricess until you have 5 coats on there, than do another wet sand and start applying clear coat, repeat that for 5 coats and it will look amazing. It might take about 3-5 days, but its well worth it. I used canned automotive paint when I did mine. It was around 10 bucks a can, and the whole bike took a =bout a full can. It might sound like a lot or work but in the end it will be fully worth it with how good it will end up looking

toshi double straps

they're suede over nylon

they run around $100, or $79 on the njs site, but shipping from japan will cost ya

Thanks alot.

i'm thinking about throwing some drop bars on my bike. right now it has flat bars like this:

l_c1a3691e6bdd4908836e9a904e04274a.jpg

would it be stupid to keep the gears and brakes in the same place and not where brakes generally are on drop bars. well, like this?:

5309153_b5d39b5696.jpg

If you're riding in the drops you wont have access to your shifters or your breaks. Depends if you want to keep moving your hand/straightening up to brake or shift.

Anyone have anything to say about these?

I just bought some and am curious about the quality since they were fairly cheap

Sam I bought those like a month ago they are good for the price, how much did you pay?