SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Jon Rogers

The Bicycle Thread

new project :D

basically, found out my dad had this in storage today. Gonna do it up, its a handmade frame (made in italy 1980), campagnolo change levers, forgotten the brand of the bars but they look pretty swish, really nice lettering engraved into them, same with the stem - gonna strip it down and build it into a fixed conversion or a singlespeed for my dad.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l263/fli...pg?t=1249258061

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l263/fli...pg?t=1249258106

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l263/fli...pg?t=1249258119

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l263/fli...pg?t=1249258135

gonna start stripping it down soon, get the frame resprayed and start building it up from there. <_<

Tube stem just broke as I was putting air in my tires for a hundred mile loop today. Shops closed on Monday.

Soo uhh. anyone got a good online flash game? or something.

I feel you man. From Thursday to Saturday I had three flats, same front tire. Out of tubes and I left my pump in my friends car so even if I patch it, I can't put air in it. :|

You cant coast on a fixed, right? Is that weird to get used to?

That is correct. I'm a total fixie noob, i started today and it's weird as fuck at the moment.

That is correct. I'm a total fixie noob, i started today and it's weird as fuck at the moment.

first day i got mine i rode like 15 miles and had so much more fun then i ever did on a road bike. that's what i think the main difference is, it's fun. road bikes are okay, but get kinda boring to me sometimes being able to coast whenever you want

first day i got mine i rode like 15 miles and had so much more fun then i ever did on a road bike. that's what i think the main difference is, it's fun. road bikes are okay, but get kinda boring to me sometimes being able to coast whenever you want

Yeah i'm having quite a bit of fun on mine it's just i went down a hill yesterday and i nearly shit my pants because i kinda forgot i couldn't coast so my legs were trying to pedal but they couldn't.

I think another thing that i need to sort out is my chainring, i was reading some guide and it said the chain inches should be high 60's or low 70's for a noob, but i'm running 81 at the moment and it's a bit too stiff for me. So i'm gonna try running 42:16.

Yeah i'm having quite a bit of fun on mine it's just i went down a hill yesterday and i nearly shit my pants because i kinda forgot i couldn't coast so my legs were trying to pedal but they couldn't.

I think another thing that i need to sort out is my chainring, i was reading some guide and it said the chain inches should be high 60's or low 70's for a noob, but i'm running 81 at the moment and it's a bit too stiff for me. So i'm gonna try running 42:16.

you riding with a brake ye?

crank on my bike got loose and i didn't realize it. the arm got pretty stripped so i just bought a Sugino RD Messenger in silver

The same thing just happened to me yesterday, can you link me to the new one you got I have to start looking at some.

Fixed gears have started getting big out here. I'm not interested. I rode my dads about a month ago and didn't think I shouldn't be sitting while riding. After a ride around the block my ass was killing me.

you riding with a brake ye?

Yeah just a front, i've gone back to a free wheel cassette, really wasn't feeling fixed gear, may try it out again in a few weeks.

I don't get it, whats the difference between a road bike and a fixed gear?

Riding sounds like fun, but i don't know shit about it

I dont know if i want to get into this or not. I love riding my 10 speed and i love coasting. Maybe ill try it out.

massan had the best part in mash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCwY1ZSqYR4

style.edu

thats the stuff i like, mashing, just goin fast is awesome. tricks are okay sometimes, but any ex-bmx rider is good just like my friend eric.

http://vimeo.com/4521064

didn't puckett just get on volume fixed?

get hooked up with a cutter!

I don't get it, whats the difference between a road bike and a fixed gear?

Riding sounds like fun, but i don't know shit about it

a road bike has gears, brakes, and can coast

fixed gears are track bikes (for the most part), or tarck bikes for the street builds...or frames converted with a locked cog

you dont need brakes. as long as the rear wheel moves, your legs move

they are simple. no gears, no derailleurs, no brakes (if you want), no giant cassette of cogs

EDIT:

local masi speciale fixed. $300

stock components

yay or nay?

I got this the other day, i like it. not a fixie tho, i couldnt bring myself to spend the same money on a way simpler and dangerous bike.

Image.jpg

i think its too small for me though, so i might fix it up, sell it and then buy a bigger one.