SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Dylan

A Band

i dont like this band and the photos are very generic band-ish

in the first, 2 maybe 3 of them are actually lit up.

i also hate band photography, its all too much alike.

in the first, 2 maybe 3 of them are actually lit up.

i also hate band photography, its all too much alike.

yeah I feel like I've seen these same shots before

gotta get the creativity going.

btw clone out that tripod between the guys legs in number 2

THEY ALL THE TEH SAME FUCKEN HAIR CUTZ

the first has too many odd shadows in the wrong spots, and like said prior, not even all of them are lit. The focus isn't on the band members enough and there isn't anything else in the photo to hold any attention which makes it very confusing. It also looks like it was the first shot you took when you got there, like a light test or something; they're not doing anything.

The second is actually really cool but there's too many distractions. light reflections on the windows, light stands, etc. That would be cool to try that in a different location.

The third has too much distortion (or not enough) for me. Like it needs to be a fish or longer lens. I do realize the close quarters that give you some restrictions.

Overall, none of these excite me in any way really, and I don't get any kind of feel of what type of music these guys create; not even a hint, or vibe, or ANYTHING. Which is a very important part of the band photography process.

Light the first one up more in the front and get closer/find a more interesting angle and I think that one would be nice. The building seems interesting.

Light some shit on fire... get them to smash something... have a good time and do what rockstars do. These guys seem boring as fuck.