SkatePerception
Tomiger RoPort

The Filming Netjiot

Alright, there's two ways this thread can probably go

1.) Good; organizes all the simple questions/topics and reduces clutter and other shit.

2.) Bad; It'll be another notch in "SP's Biggest Fails"

So, here's what this is for. If you're familiar with AAG, this is the filming version of NETJIOT, or "Not enough to justify its own thread". Any questions, or discussions that don't require a thread should be post in here. Stuff like filming pet peeves, how do you organize your bag, etc. Basically just anything random about filming that doesn't justify its own thread. Let's see how it turns out.

Just in case it wasn't clear, questions in here are not enough to justify it's own thread. I've seen many people posting threads identical to the posts that they have withinin this thread, which is a flat out failure of logic. They will be immediately closed or if there have been no responses, deleted.

Edited by 'skamoe
new rule
  • Like 9

on the vx1000 why do you have to put it on manny focus to film fisheye? and in my bag does it make a difference whether my cam is mic down or mic up?

• Like 1

on the vx1000 why do you have to put it on manny focus to film fisheye? and in my bag does it make a difference whether my cam is mic down or mic up?

if you don't the focus can go in and out depending on lighting and other factors, best to use manual

• Like 1

You don't have to use manual focus, but the thing is, for any camera (not just the vx), when you film with a fisheye on auto focus, the camera can sometimes try to focus on other shit and ruin the shot. It happens a lot at night as well. It's just in your best interest to manual focus anyways.

I don't quite understand your second question; what do you mean mic up or mic down?

I don't quite understand your second question; what do you mean mic up or mic down?

like if the camera is put in the bag mic first or bottom first if you can picture that.

And to answer your question IFILMct, you should probably put the camera in the bag where the mic is facing up, cuz for sure it will damage the mic and i've never heard of anyone putting their camera in their bag face down. :goldenwub:

edit: ohhhh, nevermind

I believe he meant the viewfinder?

like. if the mic is facing downward or if its facing upward. will it hurt the mic if its pointing down

• Like 1

Yeah I was thinking that as well. With that said, it's always good to have your viewfinder in the down position when it's in your bag. I also always put my camera to where the lens end of the camera is "pointing" towards the bottom of the bag, if you were to stand the bag up on it's end. That way, if the bag is standing up, there isn't any stress being put on the viewfinder.

Just put the camera the way you would put it if it was on a desk or something; don't put it in upside down.

Would a capture cam hurt the quality of a hv30 like would it get all pixalated?

unless the capture cam is a high def it wont even read the tape that you recorded all your hv30 stuff on i believe.

• Like 1

yeah it has to be an hd camera to capture hd, the hv30 is fine to capture on its a new enough camera where it shouldn't have problems with the heads for a while. if you really want a cap cam i would look for a broken one on ebay that only plays back

however if the lens is down and you drop the backpack, could be some problems

Suppose so, but my lens hood would probably take the impact well. It's just the lens hood has a bigger surface area and can take the weight a lot better than the viewfinder.

exactly. and when the hood takes the impact, the mic has almost no pressure.

how long does a reg vx battery usually last for?? mine lasts for about an hour and i feel like thats too short

That's about average. More than half the filming section is pinned threads haha

how long does a reg vx battery usually last for?? mine lasts for about an hour and i feel like thats too short

if you mean vx1k that is pretty short, mine usually lasts a minimum of 2 hours, but vx2k could vary because of use of lcd screen or not, not sure if i'm right tho

Hah I know, I dunno what else to take off. Most of the stuff is useful/in use.

But, if you think it's more cluttered now, you're wrong. I unpinned one thread before I pinned this.

Is it bad for a camera like the sony Vx2100 to be in an apollo atiba bag since the handle sticks of the bag? Im talking about how the camera is taller than the backpack.

• Like 1

my friends lasts for about a half hour but he has backups

When ordering off the Opteka website, has anyone run into any problems with the order? Like it didn't show up or something? Cause I ordered the 58mm last thursday, and I haven't gotten any emails or anything about the status of the order.

on a vx1000, should digital mode be on zoom or overlap? And should A Shutter and D Zoom be off or on?

i think digital mode should be on zoom, someone told me before for some reason that made sense but i forget. A shutter should be off because that stands for auto shutter i believe and D zoom should be off too because that stands for digital zoom, which means once your camera get past its optical lens zoom it starts to crop the image to zoom in, which loses lots of quality

not gonna lie, i actually though about this thread probably about 4 or 5 months ago.

anyways this should be far from a fail. it kills me when i see threads that are like 'mic sag, halp?!"

or "how do i put on teh fisheye"