SkatePerception
Tomiger RoPort

The Filming Netjiot

great thread idea,hopefully the forums wont be so cluttered now

on a vx1000, should digital mode be on zoom or overlap? And should A Shutter and D Zoom be off or on?

A shutter of you don't need it and D zoom is not a necessity all its does is increase the range the camera can zoom in but it loses quality when you zoom into the D zone.

most cap cams don't have the end search function do they? how do you keep your timeline in tact? i was thinking you could just wait to fill the tape up then import but i like to edit montages after i get home from filming. what do you guys do?

It does it exactly what it says it searches for the end of the last clip you filmed

Is it bad for a camera like the sony Vx2100 to be in an apollo atiba bag since the handle sticks of the bag? Im talking about how the camera is taller than the backpack.

i have the same backpack setup and hate it, apollos are only good for vx1000's and dvc30's or else your handle is sticking out and causing pressure on the mic even when theres foam under, id get a ogio atiba or a lowepro mini trekker classic

When ordering off the Opteka website, has anyone run into any problems with the order? Like it didn't show up or something? Cause I ordered the 58mm last thursday, and I haven't gotten any emails or anything about the status of the order.

Yea same thing happened to me when i ordered the 43mm sunday. I sent them an email at info@opteka.com and i got a reply when i got home today. They just said sorry and gave me an order number.

This one came up recently: is filming slo mo on a film - let's say one with a 56fps speed feature - overcranking?

I say no cos my understanding is that to overcrank means to run at a higher crank than was intended whereas it obviously was intended in this case

well from what I know about it:

say you are using a basic 24p timeline. You shoot a clip using 48fps. Drag it into the timeline and play it at 24fps. Because there are twice as many frames every second, it will have to play at 50% speed so each second still gets 24 frames. From what I have read, that is overcranking. Dunno if that really answers your question..

quick question.

on the schneider optics website where can u find replacement front elements for an mk1?

are they on there or do u have to like email them and ask for one?

well once you get the ring off, it's extremely easy. Just that can be sorta a hassle sometimes.

if you haven't already seen this:

• Like 1

ah ight.

its not hard to change it urself right?

i got mine off by taking a paper clip and breaking it in half and have someone hold the lens down while you rotate the ring

today I got an hf10

I have found all the controls except how to switch it from 720p and 1080p/i

read the manual or check online.

what the real model name of the mk1?

Century Optics Ultra Fisheye Adapter .3x Mark 1