SkatePerception
Tomiger RoPort

The Filming Netjiot

sickkk a netjiot but with a post count everytime I post. bout to live in this thread to look og.

back on the filming subject, i dropped a mk1 once. like last month or 2 weeks ago. my life sucked until I got this DVX. :goldenwub:

today I got an hf10

I have found all the controls except how to switch it from 720p and 1080p/i

well there is no 1080p on that camera first of all. But maybe check the second option in the menu to change the frame rate, because that's how it is with my hv20.

I just bought a vx1k (nostalgia+good deal=bought) and I'm stoked. Someone sell me a mk1!

On another note, I'm seriously considering an Opteka 72mm for the fx1. I know there is a bit of quality loss, but I'm thinking (at least for a little while) it would be a good lens to have for web videos and such (while I continue to get used to 16:9 fisheye)? Serious opinions much appreciated. Think strictly skateboarding. Considering the price of the camera, a $250 fisheye seems like a UV filter to me (not at all but you get the idea).

^^^ PA

honestly, i would say you should buy the lens. It is pretty much a mk2, at least that's what i've heard and assume. umm, as far as quality loss, i haven't heard of this, so idk...

If you have the money, i'd buy the opteka. It's wide enough to help you practice 16:9 fish and it's definitely worth it. I mean you're other two choices are a 16x9inc. lens that's not as wide but cheaper, i think..., and the century extreme ($3000) or a mk2 which would still cost like $800, which you then would have to mod.

:goldenwub:-->

QUOTE(Aevrey B @ Jun 3 2009, 01:25 AM) 3130048[/snapback]
^^^ PA

honestly, i would say you should buy the lens. It is pretty much a mk2 and wider than the 16x9inc. lens. umm, as far as quality loss, i haven't heard of this, but idk...

But if you have the money, i'd buy the opteka. It's wide enough to help you practice 16:9 fish and it's definitely worth it. I mean you're other two choices are a 16x9inc. lens that's not as wide but cheaper i think and the century extreme ($3000) or a mk2 which would still cost like $800, which you then would have to mod.

Thanks Aevery. Right now I'm using a mk2 but I'm seriously considering putting my fisheye money in an Opteka (for a lot of reasons). I rarely use HD fisheye and I'm not making blu-ray discs so I figure my money might be more appropriately directed towards pro-audio and lights at this point. Opinions greatly appreciated.

I can't think of any reason not to get the opteka for that camera. There aren't really any other better options. the mk2 is the same just a little better quality but for the price, you might as well go for the opteka.

i got a panasonic gs180 off ebay and the guy who i bought it off used jvc tapes and gave me 5 unused jvc's with it. I dont want to buy jvc's so should i clean the heads and use my TDK tapes or use the 5 jvc's then clean the heads and use my TDK's.

thanks

jake^ i would use the tapes, upload, and then clean your heads and never use jvc's again.

and personally i use sony premiums, i get too many glitches with TDKs (tried them 3 times, got like 20 or so glitches on a brand new camera)

PA Production ^^ i would go with opteka. I had a mk2 and an opteka death at the same time for a week, and i couldnt see a difference in footage quality other than my vig placement. Although i'm the only one with this weird opteka vig that i can find on youtube, so i think it must be the CCDs of my camera.

the opteka is just as sharp, on Standard Def, less chromatic abberation on a vx2100, and soooo much cheaper.

Thanks for the answers guys. Opteka seems like the way to go in this case.

There is a Mk2 on craigslist for $325 with no scratches or anything and I'm thinking about buying it. If I decide to sell it though, are people on here still buying mk2s haha?

are people on here still buying mk2s haha?

Nah I tried to sell one, did not work out well.

My friend and I have been working with this lady who has her own business of filming events and what not. There is some dance recital at my old high school Saturday that I am going to film and she asked if I would edit it as well, for extra money. I am pretty hyped. I've literally been sleeping in until noon every day since summer started, so I am glad to take on a project.

sounds pretty tight Thomas. Good for you man! I'm mad that you get to sleep in 'til noon though right now haha. I hate high school. I have to get up at 6:30. :goldenwub:

:goldenwub:-->

QUOTE(Aevrey B @ Jun 3 2009, 07:57 PM) 3131197[/snapback]
sounds pretty tight Thomas. Good for you man! I'm mad that you get to sleep in 'til noon though right now haha. I hate high school. I have to get up at 6:30. ;)

you should enjoy high school while you can. words of the wise that have been passed down to me haha.

I was going to say the same thing. But at the same time, I am glad I am not in high school anymore. I fucking hate learning about shit that I have no interest in. Anyways.

well there is no 1080p on that camera first of all. But maybe check the second option in the menu to change the frame rate, because that's how it is with my hv20.

Well the 24p and 30p in the hf10 is 1080p. I'm sure you know this, but I don't want anyone else to get confused.

whats the point of buying a bescor 50/100?

you can't use the 100 watt option unless its plugged into a wall...

i don't get why you don't just get a 20/40 for cheaper. 10 watts less, but 10 watts doesn't make a big difference.

plus i would rather have the kid im filming not go blind.

jake^ i would use the tapes, upload, and then clean your heads and never use jvc's again.

and personally i use sony premiums, i get too many glitches with TDKs (tried them 3 times, got like 20 or so glitches on a brand new camera)

alright i will thanks. but are TDK's really bad cause i have heard mixed opinions about them and getting really confused.

whats the point of buying a bescor 50/100?

you can't use the 100 watt option unless its plugged into a wall...

i don't get why you don't just get a 20/40 for cheaper. 10 watts less, but 10 watts doesn't make a big difference.

plus i would rather have the kid im filming not go blind.

its brighter, the battery lasts longer, and you CAN use 100watts, you just have to buy a different bulb, a 100watt DC 12volt bulb... the secondary bulb it comes with is a 100watt 120 volt AC bulb (wall power)....

i used a 75watt 12volt DC bulb in mine, because i couldn't find a 100watt 12v dc bulb in a store.... you have the option of 50 through 100 watts... and in order to use the battery as a power source, it just needs to be a 12 volt bulb.. as the battery puts out 12 volts of power... contrary to the wall outlets 120 volts...

get it?

edit: and wattage doesn't always directly affect brightness.... the frezzi 75watt is a perfect example... its loads brighter than the bescor 50/100 with a 75watt bulb installed....

Auto gain control, I'm guessing. I never had a vx2_000

This is to limit the amount of gain that the camera will automatically use if the scene is too dark.

I normally have the exposure set manually and do not shoot with any gain, unless I have to. You can just set this preference to limit the amount of gain the camera will use to brighten a scene.

6 is the least gain (darkest) 18 is the most.

Source: http://forums.creativecow.net/archivepost/35/107216

You might want to check this out too: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/sony-vx2100-pd1...gain-limit.html

I can't get my lcd to work on the back of my vx1000? All it shows is the battery life and my settings? is this normal? how do I switch it to lcd mode?

I can't get my lcd to work on the back of my vx1000? All it shows is the battery life and my settings? is this normal? how do I switch it to lcd mode?

lol