SkatePerception
Tomiger RoPort

The Filming Netjiot

You should read about photography and setting right exposure. ND filters are your friends because in video you can't bump shutter speed up to some ridiculous values because it affects motion blur. Fast shutter speeds will give you choppy and unpleasant look. ND Filters darkens your exposure without effecting DOF, motion blur, noise etc.

**************************************************************************************************************************

Thanks so much thats exactly what I needed to hear

If I were to buy a 58mm mk1, I could just get the scared?! bayo or modd it to fit my 2100, correct?

If I were to buy a 58mm mk1, I could just get the scared?! bayo or modd it to fit my 2100, correct?

no. you have to get a bayomount mk1 for the vx1.

• Like 1

Soooo... if i get a 58mm mk1 screw can i somehow make it into a bayo by simply adding a bayo or modding one?

One last thing, do i gotta wait for the tape to be fully used to capture off it? or can i just capture what i want and keep using it till its full? kinda stupid question but it wouldnt hurt to be sure. Also i saw a review you did on the TRV, could you give me a few tips on the Audio settings?

you can capture what you want but I normally wait until im done filming on the tape because is the heads get dirty from the cap cam and the tape goes back into the vx that can dirty the vx heads

the heads get dirty from the cap cam and the tape goes back into the vx that can dirty the vx heads

Doubtful.

what if the previous user of the consumer cap cam used maxell or jvc tapes isn't it not good to mix the lubricants

what if the previous owner happened to be bisexual?

• Like 1

I was filming a clip for my home dog the other night and I hadn't filmed with my vx in forever so I was basically rock hard the whole 2 hour sesh

• Like 2

what if the previous user of the consumer cap cam used maxell or jvc tapes isn't it not good to mix the lubricants

It's inconceivable that you'd contaminate the remaining unused portion of a tape by playing back/capturing the already used portion in a deck with dirty heads.

Use goddam punctuation.

• Like 1

some of this was filmed with a gl1..... i couldnt even tell. what is this?!?!

witchcraft

• Like 3

Most of the filmers don't spend time to learn how to get best colors and how to color correct footage in post production. Not to mention many don't even know how to set white balance properly...

• Like 1

Most of the filmers don't spend time to learn how to get best colors and how to color correct footage in post production. Not to mention many don't even know how to set white balance properly...

nah, just witchcraft

• Like 2

Yeah this is the dawg chris. Hes got an external mic so the audio isnt a straight up dead giveaway. I have a gl1 too. It may not be as crispy but i think i do a decent job setting everything and color cc.

a lot of times me and a friend of mine go skating cause he lives in my neighborhood but he sucks at filming. not even trying to be an asshole but he filmed a clip the other day and it looked like the part in pretty sweet where jack black was filming. plus he managed to get his arm and knee in the shot. he probably thinks cause its a vx he can just point and shoot but anyways any advice cause I every clip I have of me sucks