SkatePerception
Tomiger RoPort

The Filming Netjiot

how much does a broken vx1k cost now?for example something that has a broken tapedeck.and is there still a demand for minty vx1k?

Im surprised my vx is still working, last trip to VE was like 8 months ago. Thing is so dang old.

Mine has been working for almost two years. Never sent it to repairs either. I guess I'm lucky.

Bought an HV30 on eBay and the fucker didn't even try packing it correctly. He literally tossed it in a cardboard box about 3 times the size of the camera and called it a day. I suspected there was something wrong with it but it seemed fine, until it started having this weird issue when I powered it on. It sounded like one of the lenses would get dislodged and the camera wouldn't focus and just make this terrible clicking noise.

I messaged the guy and he was being a total ass and telling me that I probably broke the camera, which I responded by telling him it's incredible that the camera does not have more problems since it has so many moving parts and shipping companies are pretty ruthless with boxes.

After three days of messaging back and forth he just straight up told me he was not going to refund me so I escalated the case to eBay and they decided in my favor and they will refund me in full as long as I ship the camera back to the owner.

Moral of the story, eBay is pretty legitimate now.

• Like 6

I got my vx super cheap and it didn't come with a lens hood so I have nothing to protect the lens when carrying it around. What should I do to protect the lens? Should I make a make-shift lens cap?

I got my vx super cheap and it didn't come with a lens hood so I have nothing to protect the lens when carrying it around. What should I do to protect the lens? Should I make a make-shift lens cap?

you can screw on an 52mm nd filter.

get a 52mm lens cap like $1 on ebay probably

get a 52mm lens cap like $1 on ebay probably

cheers I had no idea why I didn't think of this

Ah, Gainesville. Just wondering because I lived in North and South Florida and have never heard of them. Looks rad though.

I just brought a dvx100p. really happy. had a couple questions. is there any big difference between the 100p and the other dvx models? And my other question is about compression settings iim used to compressing vx clips is it the same settings for dvx? . Thanks

no difference in compressions but i guess that depends on how you compress it? those cameras would work fine together. and i believe the 'p' is just the us version i could be wrong but thats how it is for the hpx170/hpx170p

The dvx100p is the oldest. It's still fine, but the dvx100a and b have smaller improvements over the p