SkatePerception
Tomiger RoPort

The Filming Netjiot

What up fellas, I'm having some trouble capturing footage in premiere pro cs6. The footage is coming out fine on my camera, but will be either black or a still frame of glitchy looking footage. P.s I can capture with my vx2100 but not my capture cam. Any help is appreciated

edit : I know this is probably the wrong section but I'm hoping to fix this problem asap

How can I get my footage to be as crisp as this? Anyone know what he might be shooting at? My footage always looks like shit after I render.

This is the best my footage has ever looked after I render. Once it's fullscreen you can tell the quality looks kinda shitty.

What are you rendering it out as?

I just use the YouTube 1080p setting in PremierePro CS6. Any time i try my own settings and/or H.264 it looks like shit or a 30 second clip ends up being like 1GB+.

I'd try uploading one of the 30 second, 1GB type-files to see if it works. Just take a 10 second clip and upload that (you could probably just do it unlisted) just to see if it's full quality. It'll be a pain in the ass, but it might answer your question.

whoever thought the day would come when a vx100 and a hvx200 are the same price used

How can I get my footage to be as crisp as this? Anyone know what he might be shooting at? My footage always looks like shit after I render.

Speaking strictly regarding your video, I think the main issue isn't how crisp or sharp it is. You could definitely use some improvement there but that skatepark is pretty devoid of any color and you pretty consistently underexposed by 1/3 to 1/2 a stop. To me that's what takes away from the way the picture looks more than any compression issues.

Hey fellas, I got a sony 10/20 in a package a few weeks ago, he just kinda chucked it in as a bonus. Anyhow the light works fine for about 15 - 20 minutes then it starts turning off after about 10 seconds. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before or if anyone knows how to fix it

Is it completely cutting out after 10 seconds or does it start to dim down?

Sounds like the battery could be dying. Initially I thought it would just get really dim if that were the case but there might be a circuit that cuts the light off once the battery drops below a certain voltage to prevent the cells from getting damaged. I don't know, I never owned or used that light, but that would be my guess. Does it do the same thing when you have it on the 10w setting?

Can't decide what resolution to film my full length in..30p or 60p? I like 30p because the file sizes are smaller than when I shoot at 60p and don't slow my computer down in post and it's full 1080, rather than 60p which is larger files and only at 720 but I feel I'm going to do some slow mo. Should I just shoot the whole thing in 60p, or just shoot the clips I think I'll slow mo in 60p and slow them down to 50% in post? Is it easy to mix 24p (what I sometimes shoot any cinematic B-roll in), 30p and 60p for larger videos without the clips looking like shit?

I started out by only filming things I thought I would slow down in 60p an everything else in 30p. Huge mistake, later in editing I would find that I needed to slow down a clip for it to flow better, and couldn't because I shot it in 30p. I just film everything in 60 now. And I mix 24, 30, and 60 all the time with no problem.

I started out by only filming things I thought I would slow down in 60p an everything else in 30p. Huge mistake, later in editing I would find that I needed to slow down a clip for it to flow better, and couldn't because I shot it in 30p. I just film everything in 60 now. And I mix 24, 30, and 60 all the time with no problem.

Is it worth sacrificing the 1080 quality of 30 fps for 720 at 60 fps? Would it look okay if I just pull the 720p clips to fill the screen and export in 1080 to match my 24 fps clips?

Most people won't notice the slight change in quality. I know you posted in the DSLR threads that your video quality is reduced when you export, if that's still a problem, it's all going to look the same. The only people that are really going to notice are other filmers, which probably won't be the majority of your audience.

smashed the shit out of my vx going down a hill yesterday, the viewfinder plastic part popped off and nothing else seems to be wrong. super stoked i think i got off way too lucky