SkatePerception
Tomiger RoPort

The Filming Netjiot

Yeah thats what it seems like, bundled though how much you think they're running for

if i remember correctly from the last time i looked at them, vx2100's go for 200-400, maybe 500 on the higher end. mk1's are pretty solid at around 600 give or take 100

i'm interested in doing 3:2 aspect ratio, how would i do that in sony vegas? I only see standard DV (4:3) and widescreen DV export options. I think i've read it can be done in mpeg streamclip but i'm pretty clueless. I don't like the black bars on top+bottom in widescreen

would i be able to install a firewire port into a "Bitfenix Raider Window" tower? Saw it for a hundred bucks on amazon. it has PSI ports, from what i read thats what you install the firewire port into. Im pretty much just looking for a PC to capture/edit on i have the monitor. if not i could save for the macbookpro or somethin.

i was just curious about wether or not century would be producing an extreme for the dvx200 so i sent them an email and this was their response.

Did they ever get back to you on this? Kind of interested

Can anyone recommend some capture cams? I know any cheap Mini DV cam will work, but I don't really know of any models to look up.

Can't decide what resolution to film my full length in..30p or 60p? I like 30p because the file sizes are smaller than when I shoot at 60p and don't slow my computer down in post and it's full 1080, rather than 60p which is larger files and only at 720 but I feel I'm going to do some slow mo. Should I just shoot the whole thing in 60p, or just shoot the clips I think I'll slow mo in 60p and slow them down to 50% in post? Is it easy to mix 24p (what I sometimes shoot any cinematic B-roll in), 30p and 60p for larger videos without the clips looking like shit?

I know I'm late to the game on this one, but did you end up shooting your feature? If so, what did you choose to shoot in?

I know I'm late to the game on this one, but did you end up shooting your feature? If so, what did you choose to shoot in?

Late responding as well, but I haven't been able to begin yet unfortunately, I work 5-6 days a week and am still in school and my one day off I usually have church stuff going on..so I haven't had time. But I was actually going to get on here to ask pretty much the same question, but for another project. I'll be starting production on a film for SXSW as part of my high school AV class, it's a documentary and it's going to be a few interviews and a bunch of b-roll. I was wondering how hard it'd be to shoot and edit together 24p for the cinematic look, and 30 or 60p for shots with a lot of motion like driving and stuff like that. How would I go about doing that?

Has anyone taken a vx1k apart to its bare parts? I'm trying to fix my lens, so I might need some advise on removing parts and screws.

There is a video on YouTube of someone completely disassembling one. However, id probably just send it to Kerry at VE instead of doing it on my own. If you do it by yourself, make sure to use all of the proper supplies, like a good set of screwdrivers, and chamois tipped swabs and proper video head cleaner if you are cleaning dirty heads.

you could try just taking it apart and checking if it has any loose cables,something like this guy did

Anyone have tips on taking the sunshade off the Opteka Titanium fisheye? I know you need to get the ring in the back to turn, but I'm not having any luck. I'm honestly considering cutting the sunshade off at this point.

Anyone have tips on taking the sunshade off the Opteka Titanium fisheye? I know you need to get the ring in the back to turn, but I'm not having any luck. I'm honestly considering cutting the sunshade off at this point.

I'm pretty sure you just take out the screws and it pops off

I'm pretty sure you just take out the screws and it pops off

Not on the Titanium one. I had the platinum one for my old Vixia and it was like that. On the titanium one, it just rotates, but doesn't come off

i know it's been talked about years ago, but i couldn't find it in the forums.

vx_cleaning.jpg

how do you clean the playback buttons on the vx ? even after cleaning it with white vinegar, it's still a bit sticky

thanks a lot !

i've had two backpacks:

ogio atiba and ogio ty

the atiba was good but too small i felt and the ty was a tank but in that kinda too big. what is a normal sized backpack that would comfortably fit a vx1000 made by lowepro?