SkatePerception
Tomiger RoPort

The Filming Netjiot

No offense to anyone who uses the XH A1, but fuckkkkk that camera.

I shot that recital tonight and the other guy with me shot stuff using a canon HD camera, so it was on tape. He let me borrow this XH A1 to capture it with and FCP will not recognize it when the settings are set to HDV. I've tried everything for the past 3 hours. GL2FilmerGuy walked me through everything and still no luck. I gotta give the camera back tomorrow and there are 3 tapes to capture. At this point, the only thing I can do is turn over all the media (3 tapes, 1 SD card) to the lady who hired me. She asked if I wanted to edit and I said I did, but from the looks of it, it doesn't seem possible. Sucks pretty hard.

yeah lately my hv20 isn't being recognized either even when I make sure all of the settings are set the same as they always are so I have just given up and I just used the NTSC anamorphic preset instead of HD. That shit pisses me off SOOOO much.

But before you go off to her try this:

FCP>easy setup(make sure you check "show all)>Apple Intermediate Codec 108060i

create a new sequence but make sure you have the tape where you want to start capturing it and press command+8. I guess it's worth a shot but It might just say the same thing..

if you ever figure it out, tell me what you did because I've tried everything.

When I try that, I get a message that says:

"Unable to initialize HDV deck. Please make sure a deck is connected and try again."

I sent her an email and told her what's up.

Man I thought the HMC had a rough workflow hahah. I must have bad luck with this.

^^^ Thomas, I'm not sure if this is right or works but I read it on this other forum about a person with the same problem...

Try changing the "Playback Std" from Auto to HDV...

got a sweet lens hit today... his board somehow hit the edge of my mk1, and knocked loose the ring that holds the front element in place... very sketchy now that i think about it... but at the time i was just stoked for no scratch ahah...

i used like, a keychain end or someshit to tighten that back on at the spot, and of course the footage glitched, so imovie just drops that frame, i might re capture with final cut to get the actual footage..

oh and my cam got kicked while filmign a line today, hyped on that too hahaha..

B)-->

QUOTE(Aevrey B @ Jun 7 2009, 01:28 AM) 3137784[/snapback]
^^^ Thomas, I'm not sure if this is right or works but I read it on this other forum about a person with the same problem...

Try changing the "Playback Std" from Auto to HDV...

We've already discussed this on iChat, but here's basically what happened

I tried going into the menu and changing that and I noticed something; some settings that were originally greyed out were accessible. I realized that I was attempting to change some settings before when the firewire was plugged in. Now it was unplugged. I change a few settings that I read about from google and it ended up working. Capturing right now, hopefully everything goes smoothly.

got a sweet lens hit today... his board somehow hit the edge of my mk1, and knocked loose the ring that holds the front element in place... very sketchy now that i think about it... but at the time i was just stoked for no scratch ahah...

i used like, a keychain end or someshit to tighten that back on at the spot, and of course the footage glitched, so imovie just drops that frame, i might re capture with final cut to get the actual footage..

oh and my cam got kicked while filmign a line today, hyped on that too hahaha..

sounds like a great day.

im thinking about getting a dvc30. what are the colors like compared to the dvx. and whats the best fisheye choice. where i wont have to zoom through vig. and it wont be blurry

oh i always though that netjiot stood for nearly every teenager jacks it to titties

it does dude.

and yeah, it was actually a good day... the two hits didn't break anything, just the actual first two hits in the 6 months ive had this setup haha... we got good footy, hits come with the wideness of that mk1...

When I try that, I get a message that says:

"Unable to initialize HDV deck. Please make sure a deck is connected and try again."

I sent her an email and told her what's up.

Man I thought the HMC had a rough workflow hahah. I must have bad luck with this.

yeah I have tried both ways and I get the same message. So I feel your pain man because I have to capture my precious HD footy as poopy SD quality. B)

yeah I have tried both ways and I get the same message. So I feel your pain man because I have to capture my precious HD footy as poopy SD quality. B)

I got it working and finished up at 5am. I was reading about this setting on the XH A1 when I was searching for an answer, something like hd down converter or something. It was supposed to be off. Whenever I would look at my settings, I always happened to have the firewire plugged in. When the firewire was plugged in, that setting was greyed out, so I assumed it was off. Around like 1:30, I happened to look at the settings while the firewire was not plugged in and I noticed I could change the setting now. So I switched it to off and it worked after that.

so you're saying that in the xha1 menu, you fixed it? or did you do something to change the FCP settings?

im thinking about getting a dvc30. what are the colors like compared to the dvx. and whats the best fisheye choice. where i wont have to zoom through vig. and it wont be blurry

dvc30+mk1 screw is a really good setup, D.Carulli and Doyle both have it. You could also get the Nikon FC-E9 but you gotta zoom in to about Z30 or so and the vig is fuzzy.

dvc30+mk1 screw is a really good setup, D.Carulli and Doyle both have it. You could also get the Nikon FC-E9 but you gotta zoom in to about Z30 or so and the vig is fuzzy.

and, less frame rates, more fisheye options, better audio

How the fuck are you supposed to get the opteka lens cap to stay on when you take the sunshade off?

Its such a bitch to take that shit off and the stupid cap won't even stay on now.

thanks kevin and mike. also, is the audio really that bad. if i dont get a external mic will it sound like a gl1/2

no, it's not THAT bad from what I've seen, but if you plan on hearing perfect audio, you are gonna have to get an external.

How the fuck are you supposed to get the opteka lens cap to stay on when you take the sunshade off?

Its such a bitch to take that shit off and the stupid cap won't even stay on now.

i just put the sunshade back on without the screws and just place the cap over hat, stays fine in my bag

dvc audio isnt that bad if you set it manually, in my opinion it like vx2000 audio.

still, if the vx2000's audio is set perfectly it's still not good

merely a matter of opinion.