SkatePerception
dertbag

Starting A Company

do you ever copyright stuff. names w/e?

first off you can't copyright a name. only logos or graphics and the such.

do you ever copyright stuff. names w/e?

You can register name, but if the name is your logo you can like Nike or something like that.

Are Anvil tees shitty? As in do they shrink when you wash them, get fat and short, thin to where they become see through if youre in the light etc

Anvils are the next best thing to American Apparel. They are better than Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, and Gildan but worse than American Apparel and AAA. I would use them, I used them for the 40oz tee. Once you have the money use AA but for now use Anvil. And they shrink a little in the wash, don't get fat or short, and are pretty heavy not thin thin

One last good advice I care share with you is. Never and I mean Never partner up. You want the profit and not to share with anyone right? So don't partner up. Also the money you got on Kwanza don't spend on one set of clothing, shiiiiiit. I got 350 for Christmas, I am gunna use maybe 150 for shirts, and 125 for hats, and rest save it because eventually you'll have enough money from the "profit" you make off your shirts and hats you'll be set for the summer & fall maybe. I'm ranting right now but whatever. Also if you want a good costumer base on the internet to whatever prices you feel is right, but when you're dealing with friends don't give them a discount because you're losing profit fuck em you're running a business not a charity shiiiiiiit. Also scumbags at my age are cheap and want the cheapest they can unless you want them un-hoodrats.

EDIT!?!@

One last good advice I care share with you is. Never and I mean Never partner up. You want the profit and not to share with anyone right? So don't partner up

true, IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE BOTH DOING THE SAME WORK. i.e. 2 screen printers, or 2 designers.

i just got asked to do a little collab with my current design company. i now have a photographer, and a sound engineer join into my company.

so instead of me doing work and everyone else getting paid, its: i do graphic work and i get 100% of that money, jayjay takes pics at a show and keeps all that money, danny records a band for a demo deal and keeps all that money. but having those 3 different occupations is a great fucking idea if you want to bring in more customers. here are some examples:

1. jayjay goes to a show for a dope new hot off the streets hardcore band right? he takes their pics and they fuckin love them. eat em up. he then sells them and recommends that another guy in his company will do them a solid and cut a deal on some graphical work. boom, both get paid.

2. say my boy dan finishes up a nice 5 song demo cd with another local band, he then goes, "hey you guys could use a sick cd cover and cd artwork, you know, to help make it seem a little more finished," so he sends them my way, and i get to work; workin hard gettin shit done, i then suggest "you know, it would be dope if you guys had some promo shots, to bump up the professionalism for your band, check out this dude who works with us jayjay, he can get you guys some good photos at a sick price."

now as you can see we have a nicely put-together triangle.

and idk if this would fall under the category,

but..

if you want to have a one stop shop kinda deal for your clothing line, i would suggest going to bigcartel or indiemerch (. com) and create a nice little shop online, send that company your shirts, and they ship them out for you. you keep 100% profit, and you'll get alot more traffic.

EDIT!?!@

true, IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE BOTH DOING THE SAME WORK. i.e. 2 screen printers, or 2 designers.

i just got asked to do a little collab with my current design company. i now have a photographer, and a sound engineer join into my company.

so instead of me doing work and everyone else getting paid, its: i do graphic work and i get 100% of that money, jayjay takes pics at a show and keeps all that money, danny records a band for a demo deal and keeps all that money. but having those 3 different occupations is a great fucking idea if you want to bring in more customers. here are some examples:

1. jayjay goes to a show for a dope new hot off the streets hardcore band right? he takes their pics and they fuckin love them. eat em up. he then sells them and recommends that another guy in his company will do them a solid and cut a deal on some graphical work. boom, both get paid.

2. say my boy dan finishes up a nice 5 song demo cd with another local band, he then goes, "hey you guys could use a sick cd cover and cd artwork, you know, to help make it seem a little more finished," so he sends them my way, and i get to work; workin hard gettin shit done, i then suggest "you know, it would be dope if you guys had some promo shots, to bump up the professionalism for your band, check out this dude who works with us jayjay, he can get you guys some good photos at a sick price."

now as you can see we have a nicely put-together triangle.

and idk if this would fall under the category,

but..

if you want to have a one stop shop kinda deal for your clothing line, i would suggest going to bigcartel or indiemerch (. com) and create a nice little shop online, send that company your shirts, and they ship them out for you. you keep 100% profit, and you'll get alot more traffic.

I've just had bad experiences with other people in the past. For a clothing line don't partner up if you're doing a company company partner up...

I've just had bad experiences with other people in the past. For a clothing line don't partner up if you're doing a company company partner up...

well put

For MRWILSON it's me and two friends. I have no problem splitting profits three ways. I'm not greedy. Every ounce of anything that costs money out of MRWILSON we split the price three ways. It takes a load off of your shoulders when instead of paying 300 you only have to pay 100 etc

For MRWILSON it's me and two friends. I have no problem splitting profits three ways. I'm not greedy. Every ounce of anything that costs money out of MRWILSON we split the price three ways. It takes a load off of your shoulders when instead of paying 300 you only have to pay 100 etc

That was the first thing I thought of, the price was gunna be cheaper. Think of it really though, when you get a paypal order do you really want to wait the three to five days for it to transfer? If you get the money in person do you really want to go to the bank to have them split 3 ways? If people are just throwing down money and not even the doing the design what's the point so they can be part of a clothing line? Maybe I am just impatient or maybe I am too young to realize that. I don't maybe once you get shirts down and sell them you'll see it's quite difficult. Because my friend and I did the whole partner thing and it turns out I lost money and it was all just to much of a hassle.

edit: hopefully that makes sense.

I can see it being a hassle definitely. I do most of, if not all of the work for the brand, but I am very humble when it comes to giving my friends their cut of the profits because without them there would be no profits. I am very, how do you say, broke as fuck, if you will, and rely on them to help me make shit happen.

• Like 1

if you want just square or rectangular stickers then 123stickers.com is pretty good and cheep. especially for black and whites.

if you want just square or rectangular stickers then 123stickers.com is pretty good and cheep. especially for black and whites.

Check the first page...

I'm not sure if this is the best thread for this question, but...

What exactly is cut-and-sew? I see a lot about it from companies like Huf, but I'm not sure what it is.

I'm not sure if this is the best thread for this question, but...

What exactly is cut-and-sew? I see a lot about it from companies like Huf, but I'm not sure what it is.

It's custom clothing basically with high prices and high minimums