SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
sheeep

Robert Mcnamara Died

Robert McNamara, who served as US defence secretary during the Vietnam war and the Cuban Missile Crisis, has died aged 93.

Mr McNamara, who served under presidents John F Kennedy and Lyndon B Johnson, was also an architect of the US policy of nuclear deterrence.

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8136595.stm

I watched "The Fog of War" two or three years ago for a school project, it totally fell to the back of my head untill I saw the thumbnail picture of his face. It's really an impressive interview, it scares the shit out of you, makes you hate the guy, makes you respect him, makes you question how the world didn't end during the cold war.

There's segments of it online, I'm sure you can dig up more from youtube:

Lesson #1- Empathize With Your Enemy

Lesson #5- Proportionality

my friend works for McNamara construction, its funny cuz that quote called him an "architect". just sayin :goldenwub:

just what teenagers wanna see... good ol' documentaries on a dead scretary of defense.

aww, i'm sorry we aren't appealing to your fanbase, but some people out there do find these kinds of things interesting. i know it doesn't involve a dick or some poop or making the same feeble attempts at insults while using an account based on a saved by the bell character, but hey, some of us just aren't up to your standards.

I'm actually kind of bummed about this, I've been doing a lot of reading involving Robert McNamara lately.

aww, i'm sorry we aren't appealing to your fanbase, but some people out there do find these kinds of things interesting. i know it doesn't involve a dick or some poop or making the same feeble attempts at insults while using an account based on a saved by the bell character, but hey, some of us just aren't up to your standards.

Um, I don't know how old you are or what level of education you have reached, but no matter what some eDocumentary tells you, this guy was pretty much the worst figure in American politics for nearly twenty years... it's amazing how he was able to even screw up badly during the John F. Kennedy administration, which lasted only two years. Hell... he's still screwing up... the last I checked, the Cuban embargo didn't work. Not only that, but he's also partially responsible for Viet Nam, the United States' biggest mistake during the Cold War, and for nuclear proliferation during the 1980s -- nuclear proliferation that put the country into a huge deficeit, armed the Soviet Union to the teeth, and is now arming unstable countries in the Middle East to the teeth. It's an enormous mistake to claim that this nuclear proliferation resulted in the collapse of the Soviet Union also.... that shit had been collapsing internally for YEARS.

Um, I shit internally for YEARS.

a) it's not an edocumentary, it's an academy award winning documentary that just happens to be online, 2) i never said the man was a respectable role model, and third, why are you directing this at me? shut up

Um, I don't know how old you are or what level of education you have reached, but no matter what some eDocumentary tells you, this guy was pretty much the worst figure in American politics for nearly twenty years... it's amazing how he was able to even screw up badly during the John F. Kennedy administration, which lasted only two years. Hell... he's still screwing up... the last I checked, the Cuban embargo didn't work. Not only that, but he's also partially responsible for Viet Nam, the United States' biggest mistake during the Cold War, and for nuclear proliferation during the 1980s -- nuclear proliferation that put the country into a huge deficeit, armed the Soviet Union to the teeth, and is now arming unstable countries in the Middle East to the teeth. It's an enormous mistake to claim that this nuclear proliferation resulted in the collapse of the Soviet Union also.... that shit had been collapsing internally for YEARS.

actually, no.

he wasn't saying he respected the man or liked him. watch the documentary, seriously its one of my all time favorite films. mcnamara repents a ton and shows real sadness over his actions.

regardless i still hope he burns in hell for what he did.