SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
freetoskate037

Busted Rail

Great photo's just wish there wasn't lurkers. The 180 is sick.

yeeeeah take the lurkers out and also your flash is in the shot in the second one. Don't be afraid to tell those kids to move either. hahahaha.

did he ollie out or da hole thing

Why the hell do you have to quote the whole pictures? Obviously he's going to know what you're referring to....

Vertical might've been better. There's a lot of dead space to the left. I think the comp on the 180 is a little better.

i kinda really like the flash in the other one.. but yeah not so much the lurker?!?!?!

I think you should stand on the other side of the rail and shoot toward the wall which I'm assuming is the the right of the rail. that would probably give a nicer background. Then have him do a different grind so he's facing the camera.

I think you should stand on the other side of the rail and shoot toward the wall which I'm assuming is the the right of the rail. that would probably give a nicer background. Then have him do a different grind so he's facing the camera.

the other direction would have been a tiny ghetto parking lot so it definitely wouldn't look better that way

Hahaha, so much easier said than done. "Oh yeah just do a Switch Back 50-50 instead"

If you are going to use this composition (which I hope you do because I like it a lot) I would recommend doing something more interesting with the left half of the frame, which seems a bit dull and underexposed to be justified. I think if you dialed down your exposure (and adjusted your flashes accordingly), you would get a lot more ambient activity and a more interesting photo. I'd also tweak your flash placement a bit, just to get some more variance on the subject and clear up those shadowy inner leg areas.

not feeling the angle

I think a tighter horizontal composition would be much better, completely ignoring the loading dock to the left. It's insignificant. Move your rim back too.