SkatePerception
Mclovin

The Post Production Netjiot

yeah i tried but it doesnt work, or at least to my knowledge. i want the best quality possible so i think i will just try to do it all on one timeline

I used premiere elements for a little bit before I got down with torrenting too. Just finish a part. Render it out like you're going to upload it to the internet and put the clip on your desktop. Then when you have all of the parts, throw them together in elements. I did it once and I didn't see any loss in the quality of the video.

I made the switch from Final Cut to Premiere Pro a few months ago but because of my school work load I haven't had a chance to edit anything on it until now. I have few basic questions (they may be considered dumb so I apologize in advance).

1. When working with DSLR files, should I still export them through mpeg streamclip before importing them into my PP project? Because when you open a new project, you select the size and type of files that you are working with in the project, correct?

2. When making text generators, should I switch to AE or will the ones provided be efficient enough?

3. Lastly, any other information you think I would benefit from.

I realize these are basic questions and I appreciate any feedback anyone can provide me with.

I made the switch from Final Cut to Premiere Pro a few months ago but because of my school work load I haven't had a chance to edit anything on it until now. I have few basic questions (they may be considered dumb so I apologize in advance).

1. When working with DSLR files, should I still export them through mpeg streamclip before importing them into my PP project? Because when you open a new project, you select the size and type of files that you are working with in the project, correct?

2. When making text generators, should I switch to AE or will the ones provided be efficient enough?

3. Lastly, any other information you think I would benefit from.

I realize these are basic questions and I appreciate any feedback anyone can provide me with.

1.If you have a computer that is powerful enough to edit the footage natively, then no, there is no reason to compress the footage twice. If your computer cannot edit native dslr footage, then it may benefit you to transcode the footage first in mpeg streamclip, then later import into Premiere

2. It depends on what you want. PP has simple text generation that will get the job done. After Effects has more advanced text generators that is more complex.

3. You made a good decision switching to PP. Its a fairly simple program to use and master, been using it for 5 years now

OK, so DV NSTC is lower field first natively, so why does pretty much every compression setting on here use upper field first?

Ok so this happens a lot when i edit my 720p footage in fcp7 the playback lags a ton, it doesn't do this that often but when it happens what do i do? And yes i googled this and nothing helped

sounds like maybe your computer is just not being able to handle it. i guess make sure all other applications are closed etc, render anything that needs it

that happens to me to with avchd but then if I add something to it and render it it plays fine. I don't really give a shit anymore though cause I don't film hd

okay im kinda confused when i upload to youtube i use .mov but if im making a full length dvd do i use uncompressed .avi for the file? thanks

DVD authoring is covered at length in another pinned thread. Do not use uncompressed .avi, export from your NLE a full quality (current format) file or as a non-self contained reference movie file, and let your DVD authoring program handle the mpeg 2 conversion.

easiest way would be to film the person in front of a very well lit white background, then up the contrast a load so the image is basically just a black and white silhouette. then either key out the black, which may not work in which case key out the white and invert the keying effect. then of course place the other footage underneath. this could i guess be done in any decent editing system but afx is probably your best bet. it might be your only choice if you need to invert the key as well

Ok, so I got a 'new' pc running now, its' new comparing to my previous one, believe it or not...

Core2duo, 4GB DDR2, 8500GT running on Win 7 64bits.

I was used to Sony Vegas pro 8 but now I got myself the pro 10 one (after a google research, it appears that the 10th release is more stable than newer ones, plus I had to think about my hardware capabilities).

What are the plug-ins I should look up to? For things like color correcting.

Not sure if anyone still uses this thread but here goes:

Just curious as to what you guys do when working with GoPro files. I edit in premiere and I usually just bring the clips in but I've been seeing some discussions going around on other websites saying that some people bring them into GoPro's software to enhance the quality of the files. Is this a normal thing that I've completely overlooked?

Hey guys !

First post here, better late than never !

I've been lurking the forums for a couple of weeks since I started to film SD 3 months ago.

My question is about compression, since I'm not very familiar with SD format yet.

I'm shooting with a Canon GL2, PAL version, and I exported my footages without compressing them from Premiere Pro, then I used MPEG Streamclip to put them in H264 MP4 4:3 square pixels.

I made a lot of tests with different settings, and I'm pretty psyched on the results I had :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEJ5BYGXXhU

But when I saw this Magenta edit, I just understood that I was missing something :

How can it be so clean, smooth and sharp ?

I set the bitrate at 0.7 MB/s, is that too low ?

Thanks

why would you upscale SD footage to 720?

i meant just take the avi file from premiere and upload that. you are exporting to avi, right?

why would you upscale SD footage to 720?

i meant just take the avi file from premiere and upload that. you are exporting to avi, right?

Some people figured out that if you put a 480 in 720 timeline, you get way less compression when it gets uploaded to YouTube. The difference can be really noticeable