SkatePerception
Mclovin

The Post Production Netjiot

:lol:-->

QUOTE(Aevrey B @ Sep 10 2009, 11:50 PM) 3272646[/snapback]
So, film and import as he's doing it? Yes, you can plug in your camera to your computer via firewire and open up Premiere or Final Cut and I believe you can just record to the computer instead of the tape, but i'm not totally sure. Idk, ThomasRolinger will probably give a more detailed description on what i just said.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about doing ill just wait and see if Thomas knows.

Quick google search to get a better explanation (I've never done this). This is for FCP.

We did a session on this last NAB- you just connect a firewire cable from the camera to the computer, disable firewire control on the computer, and hit Capture Now- the video will spool onto the hard drive, saving the capture step.

you'll have to remove the tape as well, the auto shutoff will kick in after its on pause with a tape in there for a while (dont know how long it is for that camera though) to save the battery and the heads. remember, even on pause, the drum is still spinning around. if its on stop, with no tape, it probably won't turn off, or there will at least be something in the menu to make it not turn off.

So sometime this weekend i'm going to be filming some dude do a peice on some wall and he wants me to make a time lapse of it and he says its gonna take a few hours. I'm wondering if their is a way to save tapes and time and just import it straight onto my laptop with my fire wire. I use Adobe Premiere Pro cs4 and i also have final cut. Does anybody know if i could work? I'm going to be filming it on a vx2100 if that makes a difference.

on my mac i found it easiest to just capture firewire to computer in imovie and then import to FCP or wherever

theres settings on there to take frames every so many minutes or whatever, works really well, i would try to plug in your camera though, might loose power

ok yeah im not gonna be filming the whole thing at once. It will be him like doing the outline. then i would wait alittle bit or just do like little time lapses of the different colors and what not. i think this is gonna be the way that im gonna do it though. Also i was wondering if i should use the interval record setting and if so how many secs in between records. im not sure if it would work out though because graffiti is much quicker and changes way faster than clouds or a sunset or something.

if you do interval recording, you have to be speeding it up quite a bit. i'd set it to the shortest possible interval and the shortest possible record time, i think this is 30 seconds and 15 frames. if that's the case, you'll have to speed it up to 1500 percent in order to not have 2 frames from the same interval be present at any given time.

Okay I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a thread about having to change the capture settings of audio when capturing with a vx1k in FCP. Is that true? A popup came up about audio when capturing my clip filmed with vx so that made me remember that thread. Let me know

Okay I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a thread about having to change the capture settings of audio when capturing with a vx1k in FCP. Is that true? A popup came up about audio when capturing my clip filmed with vx so that made me remember that thread. Let me know

is this the thread you're talking about?

http://forums.skateperception.com/index.php?showtopic=196476

Not to sure if this would be the correct area but i didn't want to make a thread.

In sony vegas is there anyway to find out how you rendered a certain video because i forgot to save the setting and they were perfect.

How do I cut a clip in adobe after effects?

(Windows version)

Idk if this is right cuz I have a mac and it might be different, but it's worth a try.

Go into the composition, and select your clip and also put the playhead where you want to cut the clip.

Go to Edit > Split Layer. Then i'm pretty sure it's straight-forward after that. Split again in another place if necessary and then select the part of the clip you don't want and then hit the delete button on the keyboard or whatever key on the keyboard that is the window's version of the mac delete button, or go to Edit > Cut.

Okay now another question: What the fuck are dropped frames and why do they happen?

Dropped frames are frames that are unintentionally skipped during playback or output, either because the hard disk cannot keep up with the video data rate or because the computer processor cannot perform all of the applied effects in time.

hopefully you guys can help if you know vegas pro. I opened a montage I was editing and the song says "media offline". So I try to re-import it and nothing will happen when I do that. I know this software well and have edited alot of shit on it. So idk how to fix that

hopefully you guys can help if you know vegas pro. I opened a montage I was editing and the song says "media offline". So I try to re-import it and nothing will happen when I do that. I know this software well and have edited alot of shit on it. So idk how to fix that

instead of reimporting, isn't there a way to just reconnect media? Maybe by right clicking on the song in the items viewer(or w/e it's called where all the clips and shit are) and seeing if it says reconnect or something like that.

:)-->

QUOTE(Aevrey B @ Oct 13 2009, 10:40 PM) 3311361[/snapback]
instead of reimporting, isn't there a way to just reconnect media? Maybe by right clicking on the song in the items viewer(or w/e it's called where all the clips and shit are) and seeing if it says reconnect or something like that.

Tried that, nothing. its hard to edit to no music

sometimes when i capture, it drops a lot of frames. but when i try to capture the same clip again, it hardly drops any. does anyone know why?

I figured it out, apparently when I upgraded my Itunes it converted all my songs from the .mp3 format to their protected AAC shit, so I couldnt use it. It doesnt sound totally right to me but thats what the extensions got changed to. i just needed to convert them

So you know how people use those clips of words flashing and going everywhere? In...

After that eye, like you can see words which are transparent? 1. How would I go about finding those clips by themselves and 2. What are they actually called?

Alsooo. I'm trying to do those titles where the words are shifting in a sense? I wish I could find an example, but they like. move jaggedly, but not as a single title, everything sort of points in different directions. Fuck that's a terrible description.

Alright i had a thread on this but i don't think it got looked at much because it was in the computer issue section. I use premiere CS3 for editing hv20 footage. Everything went well until about 2 months ago when i had to reinstall XP, now when i go to open a new project the HDV folder is there but there is no drop down menu to pick and it does nothing when i click on it, so i cant open a HDV project. When i go through the premiere files the HDV presets are there and everything. So is there something that when i reinstalled XP that didnt get installed right or do i need a driver or something? I installed all the drivers i had on the disc that originally came with my computer, its a Dell inspiron e1505 laptop, couple years old. 2GB ram 1.63ghz processor. Everything worked perfectly fine before it was just a tad slow rendering.

and to the person above me, http://www.artbeats.com/footage/search?key...tter&page=2 for the words you see in the background. there on a few other pages passed that too. and the title thing i think i know what your talking about, someone made a thread on it over the summer..

here it is, and it was avery B that answered it.

and to the person above me, http://www.artbeats.com/footage/search?key...tter&page=2 for the words you see in the background. there on a few other pages passed that too. and the title thing i think i know what your talking about, someone made a thread on it over the summer..

here it is, and it was avery B that answered it.

Yeah, that's exactly what I want. Just I don't have money to pay for it. :/ I'll look around.

And the titles are kinda what I want, but a more sporadic kinda deal. Almost like it flashes into a new, slightly different position. I can't really explain it, so hopefully I can figure it out through trial and error.

you can download the sample from stuff on artbeats and then just zoom in and crop out the artbeats.com logo in the corner.

i've been wondering how illegal that is.