SkatePerception
Mclovin

The Post Production Netjiot

Some people figured out that if you put a 480 in 720 timeline, you get way less compression when it gets uploaded to YouTube. The difference can be really noticeable

I'm filming with a PAL camera, which gives me 576 pixels high video.

Youtube doesn't allow this resolution and downscale it to a 480 pixels video...

I don't know if it is the reason, but I think I have way more quality with 720p than with 480p.

Maybe it is something about the bitrate too, because I guess 720p videos are compressed to 6MBps by Youtube and 480p video are compressed to 2MBps...

i meant just take the avi file from premiere and upload that. you are exporting to avi, right?

Hum, no because if I export it without compressing it with Premiere, the output video will be interlaced, and with a DV Pal pixel aspect ratio, which is not very good for uploading on Youtube, but maybe I'm wrong ?

I'm filming with a PAL camera, which gives me 576 pixels high video.

Youtube doesn't allow this resolution and downscale it to a 480 pixels video...

I don't know if it is the reason, but I think I have way more quality with 720p than with 480p.

Maybe it is something about the bitrate too, because I guess 720p videos are compressed to 6MBps by Youtube and 480p video are compressed to 2MBps...

Hum, no because if I export it without compressing it with Premiere, the output video will be interlaced, and with a DV Pal pixel aspect ratio, which is not very good for uploading on Youtube, but maybe I'm wrong ?

If I remember right, YouTube upscales 480 to 720 and uses a lower bitrate than if it was 720 to begin with