SkatePerception
Mclovin

The Post Production Netjiot

I wouldn't necessarily call it illegal. They basically give you a 320x240 clip of it with the watermark on it for you do whatever you want with it.

^^^

Exactly.

BY THE WAY, I just saw a promo with titles EXACTLY how I wanted to do them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UH_0mz9uRs

So. Tips on how that is done? I can't wait to feel like a total knock off because the look I was going for was basically that. I wonder if those vertical notes are from artbeats too. :/

It looks like the text is rotoscoped or something similar. Either way, it's definitely handwritten and then animated like frame-by-frame.

That's just from my perspective. The way I (This is just me, idk if they did the same, but i'd imagine they did) would go about doing this is writing the text out like multiple times on pieces of clean white paper and scanning it into my computer. Then like take each one that i wrote and treat it as one frame (so each rewritten one would be another frame after another and so on), so it would be animated by the time i was done.

Idk if that makes sense or not, but I tried :lol:

EDIT: I'll maybe try that method out that I just typed and see how it works out...

That seems like a pretty viable option. I'm curious how many times I'd have to rewrite it so it wouldn't look super looped. 30's probably an easy guess.

I'm doing this project at the moment... editing a horse show for someone, boring as fuck. Anyway I have to keep using simple transitions basically just cross dissolves on video and Cross fades on audio. BUT if in the time line I have a bunch of clips grouped together and then some further up the timeline not clipped next to the others. If move the ones further up, down next to the other clips, so they're clipped together and try and add a transition I just get 'insufficient content for edit' this usually means there aren't enough frames either side of the transition but there definitely are! It just happens EVERY time I move a clip from up the timeline to next to a clip further down the timeline. Help anyone?? ALSO if I do this and then try and speed up or slow down a clip I get 'Unable to complete demand, a conflict occurred during a trim error' Again this isn't because of what this warning actually means, it just doing it because I moved a clip down. This makes no sense to me, so if someone has bothered to read this Essay then please help me out, would make this whole experience roll a lot faster for me. Thankyou. And I'm using Final Cut Express 4.0.1

anybody ever worked with action essentials 2??anyone have any comments about them?

http://videocopilot.net/products/action2/

It kind of seems like a waste of money. It's like you're paying $100 for fire and smoke. I mean if you really need it, then I guess it's nice, but don't just get it just to get it.

I would like to know the most efficient versions of Adobe Premiere and After Effects. And maybe Photoshop and Illustrator. My computer can't handle CS4. If you need to know my computer specs, let me know.

Windows 7

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.20 GHz

3 GB of RAM

On board graphics card

225GB HD

and i have a 1.5TB external if that matters.

Anything else you need to know?

I'd say CS3 is fine. It's basically has what CS4 has to offer, but with a little less.

I'm a little confused as to why your computer can't handle CS4 tho.

i just downloaded and cracked vegas 9. i just threw a random clip on and the video quality is poop. i no theres gotta be some simple setting i dont know about. anyone know? video is blurry/pixely. i put the same clip back on movie maker and it looks fine. its in avi format

dont talk about cracking software here....

ok.

i jsut downloaded vegas 9. i just threw a random clip on and the video quality is poop. i no theres gotta be some simple setting i dont know about. anyone know? video is blurry/pixely. i put the same clip back on movie maker and it looks fine. its in avi format

EDIT: and would you look at that. i was right. i had the preview screen on auto quality instead of full.

Don't post about downloading programs, torrenting programs, cracking programs, etc.

No need for you to post again, I was just informing you.

I searched for this everywhere but i didnt find it.

How do you get the skating to match the music? it gives the video

a nice flow that i think is sick.

It may not be a confusing concept but to do it properly is rather difficult.

I'm going to ask this before I read the 4 pages of this thread, I just got a new iMac, I have snow leopard. I heard FCP 5 runs pretty sluggish on SL. Should I give it a shot or should I just get FCP 6?

It may not be a confusing concept but to do it properly is rather difficult.

I'm going to ask this before I read the 4 pages of this thread, I just got a new iMac, I have snow leopard. I heard FCP 5 runs pretty sluggish on SL. Should I give it a shot or should I just get FCP 6?

I may be wrong but I believe fcp 6 runs slow and 7 is the better for SL

I may be wrong but I believe fcp 6 runs slow and 7 is the better for SL

So is FCP 5 going to run slow as well?

So is FCP 5 going to run slow as well?

im not entirely sure I just read somewhere a few times that the way snow leopard runs FCP 6 was slow and the fixed seemed to be upgrading to FCP 7

FCP 5 is a PowerPC version and will not work properly on Snow Leopard. FCP 6 also will not work properly on Snow Leopard. I'm pretty sure Apple developed Snow Leopard so that FCP 6 would have problems and thus people would upgrade to FCP 7.

So dumb question I have 2 gigs of RAM in the mail when I install it will I notice a good bit of speed difference when It comes to Final Cut and After Effects(I have 1/2 a gig at the moment)

So dumb question I have 2 gigs of RAM in the mail when I install it will I notice a good bit of speed difference when It comes to Final Cut and After Effects(I have 1/2 a gig at the moment)

yes! dramatically you will be able to tell !