SkatePerception
Mclovin

The Post Production Netjiot

k, so i think both sides were filmed independently and then just edited side by side into the sequence...but at 2:22, is the expectation side panning or is there a door closing or is it just being slid out to the left while the reality is expanding?

http://vimeo.com/7580722

I searched for this everywhere but i didnt find it.

How do you get the skating to match the music? it gives the video

a nice flow that i think is sick.

For Pro videos, they usally hire the band to play live along the skating on the shoot. Its kinda hard for the musicians cause sometimes they gotta play the same 3 second sequence of their song over and over again till the trick is landed.

For Pro videos, they usally hire the band to play live along the skating on the shoot. Its kinda hard for the musicians cause sometimes they gotta play the same 3 second sequence of their song over and over again till the trick is landed.

yup. especially with lines. the band just hops on a dolly and cruises next to the skater.

:goldenwub:-->

QUOTE(Aevrey B @ Dec 27 2009, 06:17 PM) 3387949[/snapback]
FCP 5 is a PowerPC version and will not work properly on Snow Leopard. FCP 6 also will not work properly on Snow Leopard. I'm pretty sure Apple developed Snow Leopard so that FCP 6 would have problems and thus people would upgrade to FCP 7.

Not really sure what you're talking about there, I couldn't open FCP 5 when I first got snow leopard, but as soon as I got rosetta it worked without any problems. Doesn't run slow at all, although I do want to upgrade to at least FCS 2 sometime soon so I can work with prores 422 instead of AIC, and have a real log and capture for HDV.

:goldenwub:--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aevrey B @ Dec 27 2009, 06:17 PM) 3387949[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->FCP 5 is a PowerPC version and will not work properly on Snow Leopard. FCP 6 also will not work properly on Snow Leopard. I'm pretty sure Apple developed Snow Leopard so that FCP 6 would have problems and thus people would upgrade to FCP 7.

Not really sure what you're talking about there, I couldn't open FCP 5 when I first got snow leopard, but as soon as I got rosetta it worked without any problems. Doesn't run slow at all, although I do want to upgrade to at least FCS 2 sometime soon so I can work with prores 422 instead of AIC, and have a real log and capture for HDV.

If it runs by using Rosetta it will work a bit slower usually depending on what you are working with. He was also right about FCP6, the Log&Transfer in my copy of FCS2 didnt work after I installed SL, so I had to upgrade to FCS3.

Dunno if its been answered anywhere and idk what its exactly called... but how do you do the thing with the text where the text shows up and as he rolls by (over) it, the text goes away? if i find a video with it i'll post it up as an example but i cant think of one off the top of my head.

It's called Ride Over Text.

This is done in After Effects. Basically you keyframe and mask around the text after each frame the skater passes.

Follow this tutorial by ThomasRolinger and I think you'll get the idea: TUTORIAL

QUOTE(Aevrey B @ Jan 3 2010, 07:54 PM) 3395348[/snapback]
It's called Ride Over Text.

This is done in After Effects. Basically you keyframe and mask around the text after each frame the skater passes.

Follow this tutorial by ThomasRolinger and I think you'll get the idea: TUTORIAL

correct me if i'm wrong but if you don't have ae you may be able to do it in vegas. its just not as good or as professional

Someone help me out, for some reason when i export from my FCP it adds like 10 minutes of black after my clip and I don't know why.

QUOTE(Aevrey B @ Jan 4 2010, 02:58 PM) 3396224[/snapback]
Maybe try selecting all the clips in your timeline and then exporting.

yeah this sounds right, my friend had this problem and did this and it was solved

So, i've been using Vegas along with afx for the past 6 months since i started filming and i'm planning on making a short movie with some friends,

would you suggest moving to Adobe Premiere?

I don't think there is a FCP version for PC so that's why i didn't mention it, if im wrong please correct me

thanks thanks

Im running snow leopard and quicktime x and occasionally when i open a clip in quicktime x, it will open with the audio and it will play fine but have all balck video, then when i try and quit quicktime to reopen the file, it will close the window with the vid but then the program wont quit, and i have to manually force quit. Then I will reopen it and itll work fine.

Does this happen to anyone else?

What file format do I save images from photoshop for use with final cuts? Just so the background stays transparent

Depends on what you want. Is it a solid title with that is not supposed to lay over another layer? Then you can basicly go JPEG.

I would still recommend PSD cause it will open as a new sequence that you drag into your timeline and gives you all the stuff you changed in PS (transparent background etc).

Im still trying to learn everything any anything about editing soooo

n00b question

Do you still deinterlace footage if shot in 24p?

I spoogled and didnt get much :(

Im still trying to learn everything any anything about editing soooo

n00b question

Do you still deinterlace footage if shot in 24p?

I spoogled and didnt get much :(

Quoted from ThomasRolinger, "If you shoot in 24pa, capture/edit/export from a 23.98 project/sequence. If you shoot in 24p normal, capture/edit/export from a typical 29.97 timeline.

I don't believe there's any need to de-interlace when you export."