SkatePerception
GL2FilmerGuy

Coming Soon From Jason Hernandez

So I was chatting with Jason Hernandez on Vimeo, and we were talking about DLSRs and filming. I heard a rumor of him making a handle for DSLRs for skateboarding, and I thought I would clear the rumors up by asking him. He replied back..

Yes!...I'm glad u liked the trailer.

"I used the 5d for most my Broll/lifestyle shots. ( Referring to Don't Fear the Sweeper )

And yes you've heard a true rumor, my dad who makes Eazy Dolly, and I are making a custom handle made to make the DSLRs feel like real video cameras, so when u film fisheye lines it feels right.

Jason H

thanks for watching"

I can't wait, because I just bought a fisheye, and I'm ready for something to make it feel natural to film lines!!

Anyone else with a DSLR stoked on this?

Those cameras are sick as hell but it would look really weird to see someone filming with them. But still the picture is good.

a dslr's actually good video cameras?

VERY good. So good in fact there are a few Hollywood producers using the 7D and 5DMKII to make some movies coming up..

Those cameras are sick as hell but it would look really weird to see someone filming with them. But still the picture is good.

Doesn't matter what it looks like when you are filming, just the end result...

ugh when i saw the title i thought he was making a full length.... this is less exciting, but still cool.

Name droppin'... just kidding. But I remember seeing a video a couple of months ago where a guy had a D90 (I think it was a D90) on a handle witha fisheye and they were filming lines. The quality was actually pretty good.

i feel like if a 5dmkii got hit while filming a line the outcome would be much worse than if any other video camera got hit.. hahah

nonetheless sick idea

I've filmed lines with the 5D Mkii, I been using a Bogen Magic arm to film fisheye lines with it.

IMG_0809.jpg

I used it in this clip.

http://a39.video2.blip.tv/5260002505422/RE....4&brs=6902

This one doesn't have fisheye lines.

http://a37.video2.blip.tv/5980002925092/RE....6&brs=5934

was that stock audio from the cam? .. or do you have an external mic

and hows skating sound on it??

stock audio sucks. you def need an external mic

I been using a Sennheiser MKE400 external mic. it's very tiny and runs off a AAA battery.

Are you using a tilt shift lens to film :lol: :goldenwub:

Not at all. A Canon 15mm fisheye, and along with two other lenses. I didn't take that pic.

Not at all. A Canon 15mm fisheye, and along with two other lenses. I didn't take that pic.

Oh ok haha, and to fink, I haven't noticed that shit at all..My footage looks crispy as hell...I Don't doubt its there, but shit...Footage is good enough for me!!

Hey RE1000, got any other fisheye footage? Would love to see more... This footage looks pretty sharp.

Hey RE1000, got any other fisheye footage? Would love to see more... This footage looks pretty sharp.

Coming soon...

yeah cheers,

and the 7D is a great bit of kit. I have used one with a steadicam. Very versatile and produces some great results.

I only heard of Jason Hernandez a few weeks ago and now he's already hyping everyone up about filming lines with dslr's. Dude can do anything!

I only heard of Jason Hernandez a few weeks ago and now he's already hyping everyone up about filming lines with dslr's. Dude can do anything!

Have you never watched a Transworld Skateboarding video?