SkatePerception

My first attempt at getting into Dubstep and now I think i'm going to be hooked. That song is sick, Markie.

My first attempt at getting into Dubstep and now I think i'm going to be hooked. That song is sick, Markie.

First attempt? Start off with Skrillex, you'll start off on the right foot.

Here's two tracks I know you'll like, I know you'll like everything else BUT these two should get you stoked.

SKRILLEX - SCARY MONSTERS AND NICE SPRITES (ZEDD REMIX)

SKRILLEX - KILL EVERYBODY (BARE NOIZE REMIX)

One of my all time favorites:

The drop is amazing! still to be released one day..

Dubstep is waaaaaaay to grimey for although there's a FEW dubstep songs i like but not many.

I don't know which artists you listen to, probably Rusko and Deadmou5, but from the 600+ dubstep tracks I have non of them sounds even a little bit 'grimey'

http://soundcloud.com/cyberoptix/cyberopti...atron-vomit-vol

I'd recommend skipping in to about 30 minutes if you're just trying to check it out.

This is probably the best mix I've ever heard, I saw this set dropped live a few weeks back and it still has me siked as fuck. The drop at like 32:20 pretty much is burned into my mind forever from that show.

I don't know which artists you listen to, probably Rusko and Deadmou5, but from the 600+ dubstep tracks I have non of them sounds even a little bit 'grimey'

Either you don't know what grime means, or you're not listening to real dubstep. Listen to tracks from Benga, Loefah, Caspa, Mala, Coki, or any early Skream and you'll understand the influence of grime on the genre. But anyways, if you're looking for a banger of a track check this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zVyJMcRqLg

Either you don't know what grime means, or you're not listening to real dubstep. Listen to tracks from Benga, Loefah, Caspa, Mala, Coki, or any early Skream and you'll understand the influence of grime on the genre.

yeah I know what grime means, and I do know the influence of it in the early Dubstep like Skream and Benga.

I don't really like the 'soft' dubstep, I'm more into the Circus and Rottun records type of Dubstep.

Either you don't know what grime means, or you're not listening to real dubstep. Listen to tracks from Benga, Loefah, Caspa, Mala, Coki, or any early Skream and you'll understand the influence of grime on the genre. But anyways, if you're looking for a banger of a track check this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zVyJMcRqLg

that track is electro as fuck, nothing dub about it. but great recommendations on the benga, loefah etc, probably best thing ive seen in this thread.

that track is electro as fuck, nothing dub about it. but great recommendations on the benga, loefah etc, probably best thing ive seen in this thread.

Word, I figured this thread had branched out to the point where any EDM was fair game. As far as I'm concerned, a lot of skrillex is just fat electro-house synths, 4 on the floor drums, that happens to be running around 140BPM, yet it's constantly labeled as dub. Personally, I don't really give a fuck because all the genres and sub-genres have gotten so convoluted that it's meaningless. But while we're in the business of talking genres, who's down with some moombahton/core?

dubstep is like chewing e when you thought it was tylenol