SkatePerception
Shaneuk

The D-slr Netjiot.

dont feel like looking at mine, but did you lock it in?

could have put it on backwards or something or inside out

I just got a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VC and after playing with it for a while I notice that the optics seem to produce a high contrast and highly saturated image. I personally like this look and I'm not complaining but has anyone else noticed this with these lenses?

I'm trying to figure out if I want the Tamron 17-50 or 70-200L...I feel like the 70-200 would see a whole lot more use with me shooting motocross and what not. I need the ability to zoom without changing aperature.

On a side note, about to sell my T2i for 550$ and grip up a 60D through the Loyalty program. Cant wait! Then, I need to figure it out!!! tamron or L series hmmmmm

Doesn't seem like you have any need for a 17-50 from what you've said.

I just got a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VC and after playing with it for a while I notice that the optics seem to produce a high contrast and highly saturated image. I personally like this look and I'm not complaining but has anyone else noticed this with these lenses?

from my knowledge a lens should not add saturation, I could be wrong but check to make sure you didn't change your picture style.

you shooting in manual or auto exopsure mode?

I've been looking a lot at p&s cameras that shoot HD videos. I sold my D3100 about a month ago and bought an elph 300 hs because I needed a cheap party cam. After messing with it for a bit I noticed the video on it is comparable (and seems) to be of better quality than my d3100, it also has super slow motion which is fun to mess with. After noticing its potential I did some research and found some other p&s cameras that seemed to compare with that of dslrs. The Canon S100 is ranking better than the 7D and is available for under $400. There are lens adapters you can get for it if you really need to, no hot/cold shoe though. The Canon G12 is pretty dope too if you need a mount. I noticed with my dslr I didn't use it much due to how big it is to lug around, something like this (or my 300hs) is small and easy to carry and produces similar quality video. I guess if you went to film something professionally it would seem crazy to show up with something like this, based only on looks, of course. I think this is the direction most companies are going in camera technology. What do you guys think? Are these types of cameras worth buying?

you shooting in manual or auto exopsure mode?

Of course I'm shooting manual exposure mode, and like I said I see this in other footage besides my own but optics can effect footage, it's more high contrast besides saturation. For example, I could have my Canon 18-55 kit lens set to identical exposure and focal length, yet it will look different from my tamron with the same white balance.

Edit: I guess I didn't say that I see it in other footage but i do see it in other footage

About god damn time. I don't even own a 7D but was tired of Canon holding back like that.

right when i go to sell my 7d.... nice

• Like 1

I'm trying to figure out if I want the Tamron 17-50 or 70-200L...I feel like the 70-200 would see a whole lot more use with me shooting motocross and what not. I need the ability to zoom without changing aperature.

On a side note, about to sell my T2i for 550$ and grip up a 60D through the Loyalty program. Cant wait! Then, I need to figure it out!!! tamron or L series hmmmmm

Are you getting $550 for just the body!? And are you like trading it to canon and getting $550 towards the upgrade?

Im going to sell my GH1 set up and buy a 60D soon, I thought it wasn't offered through the Canon Loyalty Program anymore?

shooting my first wedding tomorrow with a fellow member! Stoked, but kind of nervous too haha. Anyone have any must-get shots that will make for a great/set-apart-from-the-rest video? I'd love to hear anyones input!

Anybody own a Sigma 10-20 f4.5-5.6?

Wanted opinions. I'm probably gonna pick one up tomorrow.

Anybody own a Sigma 10-20 f4.5-5.6?

Wanted opinions. I'm probably gonna pick one up tomorrow.

What about the 10-20 3.5?

My friend just gave me his Glidecam 4000 Pro but I can't seem to get my T2i balanced out. It says it's rated for 4-12 pounds, could my camera be too light?

My friend just gave me his Glidecam 4000 Pro but I can't seem to get my T2i balanced out. It says it's rated for 4-12 pounds, could my camera be too light?

Probably. There are tutorials for compensating like attaching weights and stuff. YouTube it.

Anyone on here use rebranded fader ND's?

Like vivitar or polaroid?

af100-2.jpg

got a redrock adapter, feels way better using canon glass on the af100 than 5d/7d. 1080/60p looks good too

I'm trying to put all the money I make back into my gear so I can continue to get new gear. I have 200 dollars to invest back into my setup. Any suggestions what would be a good step forward? I have a T2i, Ravelli ATP, and Azden Ecz-990

I'm trying to put all the money I make back into my gear so I can continue to get new gear. I have 200 dollars to invest back into my setup. Any suggestions what would be a good step forward? I have a T2i, Ravelli ATP, and Azden Ecz-990

Maybe a couple of nice fast vintage primes? I don't know if what you want is strictly skateboard related but if it is you could probably find a nice handle or even a fisheye if you look hard enough.

Anybody know where I can get one of those Jar Openers that work as a follow focus? I looked on ebay but couldn't find any

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Twist-Jar-Opener-Follow-Focus-Red-Blue-Green-Ring-Focus-Ring-Trudeau-/221020642899?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3375db5e53#ht_2010wt_905

they are all over ebay. "twist jar opener"