SkatePerception
Shaneuk

The D-slr Netjiot.

you sure those will work with my 501pl plate?

On the bottom it has a 1/4" mount for screws. It's the universal tripod screw size.

On the bottom it has a 1/4" mount for screws. It's the universal tripod screw size.

not what i was asking. will my 501pl plate fit into that mount?

i've asked this before but i'm asking again...

can someone tell me a fairly cheap lens to use for filming weddings/events? i'm a little worried about using a prime lens because i will physically have to move to film some different ranges as opposed to using the zoom.

any suggestions would be great. all i'm using now is the 18-55mm kit lens.

i've asked this before but i'm asking again...

can someone tell me a fairly cheap lens to use for filming weddings/events? i'm a little worried about using a prime lens because i will physically have to move to film some different ranges and opposed to using the zoom.

any suggestions would be great. all i'm using now is the 18-55mm kit lens.

Having a prime will be a good thing because you will need to move around, which will improve the composition of your shots.

But, you could look at the Canon 24-105mm f/4. Or the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 VC

Having a prime will be a good thing because you will need to move around, which will improve the composition of your shots.

But, you could look at the Canon 24-105mm f/4. Or the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 VC

thanks.

what prime would someone recommend that's good and cheap?

Depending on HOW cheap you want but the canon 50mm 1.4 is really good - if you want to go cheaper get the 1.8 but dont expect to be able to focus on the fly the ring is bulky hard to move and noisy

not what i was asking. will my 501pl plate fit into that mount?

That, I'm unsure of. You'd have to look at the size of the plate and see if it would fit.

thanks.

what prime would someone recommend that's good and cheap?

Good and cheap rarely go together in a sentence.

I recommend saving up and buying decent lenses.

Don't skimp on your lenses buy right, don't buy twice.

Im about to buy a T2i, and i see that the old Canon FD lenses are cheap as hell, due to their impracticality, and my grandparents have a bunch. Which FD-EOS adapter would be best to use, and would it be alright for filming?

Im about to buy a T2i, and i see that the old Canon FD lenses are cheap as hell, due to their impracticality, and my grandparents have a bunch. Which FD-EOS adapter would be best to use, and would it be alright for filming?

Jag35 makes a nice built adapter. A little pricey though. It doesn't have glass though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-FD-Lens-EOS-EF-B...=item335e824c27

eBay has some nice ones too. Something like this isn't bad at all and has glass for infinity focus.

Jag35 makes a nice built adapter. A little pricey though. It doesn't have glass though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-FD-Lens-EOS-EF-B...=item335e824c27

eBay has some nice ones too. Something like this isn't bad at all and has glass for infinity focus.

Would I not want one with glass? cause it magnifies by up to 1.3, add that to 1.6 Crop Ratio and thats nearly twice what i want. What are the advantages of glass though?

Would I not want one with glass? cause it magnifies by up to 1.3, add that to 1.6 Crop Ratio and thats nearly twice what i want. What are the advantages of glass though?

Glass supposedly allows you to focus to infinity. I think it might just be something with FD lenses. I'm not sure. But I used Nikon lenses on my T2i, and I use adapters without glass, and there seems to be no problem. I think you would be fine without a glass adapter.

How does everyone organise there clips?

Depends on what they are for.

If they are for a big video with multiple people I organize it by person, then location, then date.

If it is for something little, like a day edit, I just keep every clip in one folder.

I usually organize by date and sesh, then skater name, then trick name for individual clips. Sometimes ill leave a little notepad file reminding me of what went down that day, in the root of the date/sesh folder.

A fast one. I'm using Windows... But Something with a processor thats a Core 2 Duo, preferably over 2.4GHz, and 4GB of ram.