SkatePerception
Shaneuk

The D-slr Netjiot.

More than perfect

that's what i use and it's a pleasure editing on it :ph34r:

anywaysss... would this be worth getting for my t2i when i go on vacation to our beach house this summer?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Underwater-Waterproof-...f#ht_3722wt_950

i want to make a short movie out of our week there, and some "in the water" shots would be cool. since the space for the lens seems kind of long, would the footage look weird if i use the kit lens on my t2i? it seems like the plastic would be really noticeable in the footage.

I've been thinking about selling my HMC150 to get a 7D. I'm just not as satisfied with it as I had hoped I guess.

I just love the look of 7D footage and I also want to get into photography. It also seems like I could buy a better fisheye for cheaper.

Does anybody have any advice or anything. If somebody has the time, maybe some reasons why switching would be good and/or bad.

Thanks.

what do you guys think would be better..the t2i with the kit lens or the t2i with a canon 50mm 1.8 prime seeing as they woulod both cost the same.

what do you guys think would be better..the t2i with the kit lens or the t2i with a canon 50mm 1.8 prime seeing as they woulod both cost the same.

50mm for the win

I was just wondering where some of you guys got your 7D cameras from. I might be in the market for one pretty soon, I was going to go through B&H's website that was unless someone might point me in a better/cheaper direction.

I got mine from adorama with bing.com cash back. was 1600 for the body and get $150ish back from bing so it wasnt to bad. there were a few cheaper places like ebay, but i've had good luck with adorama in the past and didnt want to chance it with buying a camera.

is the canon 50mm 1.8 THAT MUCH of an improvement over the 18-55mm kit lens?

because i need a lens soon to film some weddings. all i have is the kit lens now and i was wondering if the 50mm is worth getting or if i should just save up for something else.

is the canon 50mm 1.8 THAT MUCH of an improvement over the 18-55mm kit lens?

because i need a lens soon to film some weddings. all i have is the kit lens now and i was wondering if the 50mm is worth getting or if i should just save up for something else.

Yes.

Anything is.

But get the tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 VC

I was just wondering where some of you guys got your 7D cameras from. I might be in the market for one pretty soon, I was going to go through B&H's website that was unless someone might point me in a better/cheaper direction.

look around, i got my 5d mkii at samys cameras and didnt have to pay any tax and got $100 instant rebate. ask what specials they will be having and what if any sales on cannon they will be having. i got all that $450 off because i ordered it on fathers day.

It's only right that this should be pinned. I dunno which mods frequent this section, but anytime something needs to be moderated here, feel free to shoot me a PM. I rarely come in here to check it out, so I won't catch much without a PM.

It's only right that this should be pinned. I dunno which mods frequent this section, but anytime something needs to be moderated here, feel free to shoot me a PM. I rarely come in here to check it out, so I won't catch much without a PM.

I nominate TimFok, for D-slr MOD.

there might be an easy answer to this.. but is there any way to "mark" clips? maybe a quick button that adds an asterisk to the filename or something to that effect?

there might be an easy answer to this.. but is there any way to "mark" clips? maybe a quick button that adds an asterisk to the filename or something to that effect?

You don't need to, just stop and start for each try and then either delete the none lands as you go along ( Which I do ) Or delete them once the skater has landed whatever it is they are trying, but make sure you protect all the lands on your card. You don't want to delete them accidentally.

That would do the job, but it sucks that there isn't a marking function (if there isn't; I dunno). Sometimes you forget to delete a non-make, so having the marking function is very helpful.

anywaysss... would this be worth getting for my t2i when i go on vacation to our beach house this summer?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Underwater-Waterproof-...f#ht_3722wt_950

i want to make a short movie out of our week there, and some "in the water" shots would be cool. since the space for the lens seems kind of long, would the footage look weird if i use the kit lens on my t2i? it seems like the plastic would be really noticeable in the footage.

If you want to film some 'in the water shots' then I would say get it. But don't get it straight away make sure that you check some reviews, the last thing you want, is to get it and have it destroyed.

I nominate TimFok, for D-slr MOD.

This.

And after i sell the vx I'll have about $1600 to spend. I'm thinking...

T2i

50mm 1.8

2 or 3 cards

...I'll probably have around $300 after this, should I save a little more and get another lens or am I missing any nessecities?

This.

And after i sell the vx I'll have about $1600 to spend. I'm thinking...

T2i

50mm 1.8

2 or 3 cards

...I'll probably have around $300 after this, should I save a little more and get another lens or am I missing any nessecities?

Make sure you don't get cards over 8Gb.

You probably will need a view finder. There's more than this, so look around.

Mic? Rode Mic

YES YES YES

just traded a kid $100 and my kit lens for his tamron 17-50 2.8

he got the camera for from his dad so he didnt really know anything and was stoked to get $100

Kid's dad is gonna be at your door soon...

But, why shouldn't I get cards over 8GB for the T2i?

Over heating, and it's an arse if you lose one big card.

taken me a while to catch up with this thread after being away for a week!

you sure those will work with my 501pl plate?

no it won't. And don't get those plates pbutter recommended. They suck for viddeo in comparison to the 501 type plate. the difference in stability is night and day.

Did any of you got this 'ipod trick' to work ?

I also have to rode videomic, also bought a cheap splitter + fake shuffle from ebay but I can't get it to work.. it just records noise on both audio channels..

that's because you didn't buy a stereo to dual mono splitter. I made that error with my first purchase (dooh!. Just ordered a proper one.

The splitter you have just creates two signals of the same thing, it won't work unless the stereo signal is split into dual mono.

That would do the job, but it sucks that there isn't a marking function (if there isn't; I dunno). Sometimes you forget to delete a non-make, so having the marking function is very helpful.

Don't quote me, because I may be chatting absolute shit (and don't have time to check on my camera), but you may be able to organise clips in camera so that the thumbnail displays the last frame of the clip. In which case the good old hand will come in handy. If this is infact a big fat lie, just take a picture after every good trick for a bookmark.

50mm f/1.8 definitely wins over the stock lens (most lenses do!). It won't get you through every situation though. Especially for function such as weddings. For weddings the ideal setup would be Tamron 17-50mm VC f/2.8 and canon 70-200mm IS f/2.8. the latter is mega bucks though. there's always the cheaper non IS version, of the f/4 versions too. Plus Tamron make a good 70-200 replacement without stabilisation, it just has a crappy autofocus.

:ph34r:-->

QUOTE(Aevrey B @ Jun 30 2010, 11:50 PM) 3585022[/snapback]
I've been thinking about selling my HMC150 to get a 7D. I'm just not as satisfied with it as I had hoped I guess.

I just love the look of 7D footage and I also want to get into photography. It also seems like I could buy a better fisheye for cheaper.

Does anybody have any advice or anything. If somebody has the time, maybe some reasons why switching would be good and/or bad.

Thanks.

Video SLRs provide amazing images, but aren't suited to all situations. What would you use it primarily for?

that's because you didn't buy a stereo to dual mono splitter. I made that error with my first purchase (dooh!. Just ordered a proper one.

The splitter you have just creates two signals of the same thing, it won't work unless the stereo signal is split into dual mono.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/HOSA-YMM-261-Stereo-3-5...c#ht_2072wt_913

So it's that one i need?

http://www.learningdslrvideo.com/t2i-7d-di...-rode-videomic/

That guy says it's not possible with the simple splitters and that you have to rewire something.. (if I remember correctly (I checked it like 2 days ago and don't know exactly what he said anymore)). He is gonna make a new post about that, hopefully, this week. So it might be worth checking that out.