SkatePerception
Shaneuk

The D-slr Netjiot.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/HOSA-YMM-261-Stereo-3-5...c#ht_2072wt_913

So it's that one i need?

http://www.learningdslrvideo.com/t2i-7d-di...-rode-videomic/

That guy says it's not possible with the simple splitters and that you have to rewire something.. (if I remember correctly (I checked it like 2 days ago and don't know exactly what he said anymore)). He is gonna make a new post about that, hopefully, this week. So it might be worth checking that out.

Interesting, although annoying! Hold out on the adaptor for now then. I'll double check his theory when mine comes. Hopefully he'll update soon

Interesting, although annoying! Hold out on the allotted for now then. I'll double check his theory when mine comes. Hopefully he'll update soon
"@Slavic I am hoping to have it done on the 7th before I leave for vidcon."

That's what he posted in the comments, so fingers crossed it's online (before) tomorrow

please read.

so i have a Sony PD150 with MKII pd-150%20with%20fisheye.jpg

and after buying it from a friend of a friend for a super cheap price

its mother board decides to fry on me and now im gunna have to send it to sony and get it fixed for about $650

which I have the money to pay for it

and even if i payed to get it fixed,

the total amount i payed plus repairs is still less then half the price of the camera plus lens and accessories

so i couldnt complain at all.

but, i was thinking

instead of fixing an old camera

i could sell broken camera plus two lens and extra batteries and accessories

and hopfully make $1000 - $1250

for everything

then,

i would buy a Canon EOS 7D (probubly just the body)

if i could sell my stuff for around the price of the camera

after that

i would buy a reasonable fisheye (around $300)

and a handle for the camera

because i would mainly use it to film

and i would start to experiment with photos

and the fact that it shots 8fps

please read and reply

i want to know anyone opinion

thanks.

please read.

so i have a Sony PD150 with MKII pd-150%20with%20fisheye.jpg

and after buying it from a friend of a friend for a super cheap price

its mother board decides to fry on me and now im gunna have to send it to sony and get it fixed for about $650

which I have the money to pay for it

and even if i payed to get it fixed,

the total amount i payed plus repairs is still less then half the price of the camera plus lens and accessories

so i couldnt complain at all.

but, i was thinking

instead of fixing an old camera

i could sell broken camera plus two lens and extra batteries and accessories

and hopfully make $1000 - $1250

for everything

then,

i would buy a Canon EOS 7D (probubly just the body)

if i could sell my stuff for around the price of the camera

after that

i would buy a reasonable fisheye (around $300)

and a handle for the camera

because i would mainly use it to film

and i would start to experiment with photos

and the fact that it shots 8fps

please read and reply

thanks.

Sound's good, but don't buy a fisheye first, get a prime like the Canon 50mm F/1.8. Or you could get the Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 VC which is an extremely good lens, but make sure you get the VC version, which stands for Vibration control, which you will need with shooting with D-slrs.

please read and reply

thanks.

Yeh do it. The last thing I'd do it repair an outdated camera when the cost is probably over half the value of the camera (your sums were ambitious).

Agree with Shane though, dont buy a fish eye first.

Whoa whoa whoa, email video electronics here. Get THEIR price, so when you sell it, you can say its a less dollar amount to fix, cause sony will overcharge by far and VE gives discounts to us

ok i need some help... tamron 17-50mm or sigma 30mm?

i like the fact that i can zoom with the tamron, but i love the shallow DOF that the sigma offers. help me out!

Quick question for someone that can help me. I've been looking into the 7D a while and I'm curious about getting footage on your computer. Do I have to have a card reader slot on your computer or does the USB cable do the job? Thanks.

Quick question for someone that can help me. I've been looking into the 7D a while and I'm curious about getting footage on your computer. Do I have to have a card reader slot on your computer or does the USB cable do the job? Thanks.

Buy a CF card reader. Best bet.

i like the fact that i can zoom with the tamron, but i love the shallow DOF that the sigma offers. help me out!

I think the tamron is a good starter lens, because it's good all round, and it has VC

Yes a usb will do the job, but it's far easier to buy a usb card reader, that way you save your battery on your 7D from getting killed.

totally up to you, they both have they're advantages. tamron is more versatile. Sigma generally looks nicer.

As your only lens. I'd recommend the Tamron.

http://www.learningdslrvideo.com/adapter-d...-rode-videomic/

Here is part to for disabling the agc with the rode mic

Checking it out now....

USB takes aggggges. Get this

http://www.centraldigital.com/Product/?119...4&l=Froogle

This says import model, will this be alright? And would anyone recommend dealing with these guys?

a lot of the times when you get import camera products from say china or thailand there is what they call "black market" which means that its not covered by any warrantee or anything by the company. idk why that is but thats been my experience with it all. that happened to my grandfather with a lens and he would never let anyone forget while buying camera stuff online.

Found the components for this adaptor, just need to find out which wire to buy!