SkatePerception
jefffribourg

What Did You Do To/ Get For Your Camera Today?

I use my prime lenses far more then i use my 24-105 zoom and when i use my zoom i find my focal length of liking and keep it there for the shot.

trying to zoom and pull focus and keep steady while hand held is a joke too.

just picked up the Rode Video mic.

unnamed.jpg

and vivitar 285hv

Vivitar285HV.jpg

Exactly! That's why I am just going to build a nice prime collection.

primes are the way to go as long as you have the time and patience, the only advantage a zoom has over a prime is convenience, primes rule everything else. im not saying its not a good idea to get a zoom, theres times when their nice to have. ive got 6 primes ranging from 8mm-58mm which i use 95% of the time, when i need more reach i put on the 70-210, i feel its a good system.

T2i 18-55, 16GB sd card, and extra battery coming tomorrow... FINALLY.

Ordering in a few days: FD to EOS adapter, Canon 200eg, and SMX-10. Maybe off brand battery grip with the remote.

T2i 18-55, 16GB sd card, and extra battery coming tomorrow... FINALLY.

Ordering in a few days: FD to EOS adapter, Canon 200eg, and SMX-10. Maybe off brand battery grip with the remote.

What FD lens/es do you have?

i use these fd primes

24mm f2.8

35mm f1.8

50mm f1.8

100mm f2

200mm f4

;)

I want them all!!!

;)

I want them all!!!

me too. im borrowing the 100, 200, and 24 from a friend that never uses his lenses but they work really well so im buying some more fd lenses so i can have more primes that will work on my ae-1

;)

I want them all!!!

They're like Pokemon, gotta catch em' all!

Same here though, but would rather have another brand like Takumar.

if its the 3/2 version, its much cheaper than on BH

Yep, it's the 3:2 version for the t2i. I'm really happy with it, quality build.

thats good to know as i plan on investing in one in the near future

the bower adapter works like a charm as well as the fd lenses. if your not buying lenses for a fd mount camera and just for your dlsr then i would suggest getting eos mount lenses though. i do know another guy who does a lot of shoots with his 5dmkii and uses nikon 35mm lenses though.

My Jag35 stuff should arrive today, so hyped.

In other news....

I love my LCDVF, I love the microfibre cushion, I love the way it attaches to the body of my 7D, I love the fact that it costs less than half the price of the Z-finder.

But I hated it when Zacuto brought out the Z-finder V3, with it's anti-fog coating. I hated watching the video of Steve Weiss at NAB breathing on the eye piece and not seeing a single drop on condensation. I hated the fact that I felt an urge to spend more money on a stupidly expensive viewfinder for this simple function.

Then a few weeks ago I found this. I got in contact with a mate who owns a Z-finder V2 and it turns out both the LCDVF and Z-finder share the same diameter eye piece! I ordered one the otherday (via my bro in the US), so it should be here soon. Fingers crossed it's fully compatible!

My Jag35 stuff should arrive today, so hyped.

wooo! start a thread with a full review of all the things you got from them so we can all know how good these products will suit all of us.

im really wanting the d focus 3 but have held off till you got yours and could tell me how it all is.(quality/functionality/aesthetically/ performance/ and any other thing you could tell about it)

wooo! start a thread with a full review of all the things you got from them so we can all know how good these products will suit all of us.

im really wanting the d focus 3 but have held off till you got yours and could tell me how it all is.(quality/functionality/aesthetically/ performance/ and any other thing you could tell about it)

That reminds me, Tim, when are you going to put up the 7D vs the Hvx comparison.

That reminds me, Tim, when are you going to put up the 7D vs the Hvx comparison.

Good point, I completely forgot!

I'll get it done at some point. Its just a lot of effort haha

Good point, I completely forgot!

I'll get it done at some point. Its just a lot of effort haha

Cant wait http://192.168.1.123/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/goldenwub.gif

Camera, kit lens, memory card, and extra battery arrived yesterday.

Just ordered Fotodiox FD to EOS, Canon 200eg, and a 500GB Hard Drive. [/img]