SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Zane

Make Any Ledge Grindable!

Materials

Steps

1)Rub down the side/sides of the ledge you will be skating till it is really smooth.

2)Take a towel (or your hand) and brush off the dust on the ledge.

3)Spray the Clear Acrylic Lacquer on the side/sides of the ledge were you smoothed it.

4)Wax the ledge with the Skate Wax.

5)Do a STEEZE kickflip tail.

6)Get it on film.

7)Post it on Skateperception.

Hope this helped.

abp so many times but word up. rub bricks are so much harder to find than you would think.

Acme.

Got one, used it once....8 ft of awesomeness.

But then everyone skated it....and biked it.

Bikers ruin shit in minutes.

My brick cracked in half while in my trunk though.

Just order it online if you don't have an ACME.

Question: Will a normal red brick work as well if not nearly as good as a Rub Brick? Has anyone done it? Please get back I found a perfect ledge haha.

Question: Will a normal red brick work as well if not nearly as good as a Rub Brick? Has anyone done it? Please get back I found a perfect ledge haha.

Yes they work.

I got mine at Home Depot. If you know how to use tools you shouldn't have to worry about it breaking. I keep going through lacquer so quick though.

Materials

Steps

1)Rub down the side/sides of the ledge you will be skating till it is really smooth.

3)Spray the Clear Acrylic Lacquer on the side/sides of the ledge were you smoothed it.

6)Get it on film.

Hope this helped.

or just buy liquid nail for 3$$ at home depot find some angle iron and stick it right on there

For $2:

1) Find ledge

2) Jack a brick or two from anywhere you can find (spot we found had one so we didnt need to buy one)

3) Buy 2 curb candies

4) Rub the brick/stone on the ledge (mostly corner, trust me)

5) Use your hand/sweatshirt/etc to wipe off dust

6) Get 2 people your with to was the shit out of it

7) Skate it.

At least at my local shop a curb candy is $1 each. They get the job done but will probably be completely gone by the time your done. Just coat it in wax and wax it every time you go and you got a spot. Anyone from suffolk (maybe nassau) on Long Island, just think of kohls in Bayshore. You can barely walk on it without slipping from all that wax haha.

For $2:

1) Find ledge

2) Jack a brick or two from anywhere you can find (spot we found had one so we didnt need to buy one)

3) Buy 2 curb candies

4) Rub the brick/stone on the ledge (mostly corner, trust me)

5) Use your hand/sweatshirt/etc to wipe off dust

6) Get 2 people your with to was the shit out of it

7) Skate it.

At least at my local shop a curb candy is $1 each. They get the job done but will probably be completely gone by the time your done. Just coat it in wax and wax it every time you go and you got a spot. Anyone from suffolk (maybe nassau) on Long Island, just think of kohls in Bayshore. You can barely walk on it without slipping from all that wax haha.

lol yea kohls

If you're too broke, or all your cash's on PayPal, skip that shit^ It's called Axe and a lighter, then wax the fuck out of the ledge. To smoothen the ledge, use your trucks.

Materials

Steps

6)Get it on film.

Hope this helped.

Damn! i gotta try this

I've found that the lacquer step isn't really necessary. I made a few previously untouched ledges grind, and made one of them slide, perfectly with just the rub brick and a big candle I got from BB&B.

Also, how about brushing the concrete dust off with...a brush?

i was always wondering what that lacquer shit was called. i used the rub brick on some ditches, dusted it, then waxed the spot and it was perfect.

yea like some other people said you can use bricks, rocks, broken pieces of cement, etc to rub it the ledge. Then wax the shit out of it, or if you really wanna make it nice, the laquer is a pretty nice addition but its costs around 7$ and youll probably use like half of the can on an 8ft ledge. You can also just paint to since the point of the laquer is to fill in all the remaining rough spots, but paint looks messy and youd get caught easily doing that depending on the location.

Another thing to add. Once you rubbed it down, and waxed it. Take a rock (so you don't fuck up your rubbing brick or skate trucks) and rub the shit out of the wax so its gets nice and worked it. Then I find it helps to laquer over the rubbed in wax actually, but you don't need to do that. Repeat until that shit is nice..