SkatePerception
goonface

2010 Skateperception Montage

I'm editing the annual SP montage this year :wub:

If you're submitting clips, you'll have to use this upload software, cause I'm not touching AIM.

To submit a clip, go here for instruction: http://tunebomb.com/spmontage2010/

There are links on the page to the uploader and tutorial, but here's more links to them:

Uploader

Tutorial (Thank you TuneBomb)

Uploading rules:

- Submit the FULL QUALITY clip that you captured. NO COMPRESSING! AKA, just upload your raw clip. If you can't figure this out, its likely your filming sucks too bad to be used anyway.

- PAL footage is accepted.

- Do not send in 1 chip footage.

- HD clips are more than welcome but they will be put in a SD timeline. I'm just putting this out there, but I'm less likely to use HD clips.

- Send some B-Roll if you have some legit shots.

- Do not ask if your clip is getting used. Just wait until the montage is out and see for yourself.

- If you want to make sure I got your entry, send me a PM. Only do this if you're really uncertain. If you uploaded with no problems, its safe to assume I got it.

- NO PARK FOOTAGE, unless its some gnarly TRANSITION shit at a concrete park. Like something a normal person would use in a video part.

- PLEASE have good judgement. Do not submit clips that are below par filming/skating wise. If you don't think it has a chance to get used, DO NOT submit it. The less "garbage" footage I have to go through, the sooner I can start editing and finish the montage.

- SLAM/STRESS FOOTAGE WELCOME

Footage deadline: December 10th. Submit ASAP.

Thanks TimC for letting me plagiarize your 2009 thread, and thanks again to TuneBomb for server space and the tutorial. Also, a HUGE thanks to ErikSilkensen for making the upload software and everything!

• Like 1

Hell yeah, can't wait! I'm gonna film some new clips for this.

Also, does the skating have to be super good, like handrails and mad gaps left and right?

Can the clips be any format?

- Submit the FULL QUALITY clip that you captured. NO COMPRESSING! AKA, just upload your raw clip. If you can't figure this out, its likely your filming sucks too bad to be used anyway.

as long as it's the orignal captured clip yeah any format should be fine.

if were sending more then one clip can we put it all together?

no because that's not how the uploader works. up em one at a time. that way the files will get renamed properly

as long as it's the orignal captured clip yeah any format should be fine.

Sweet, hoppin on this today!

The uploader stalls at 0%..

I'm running Mac OS 10.4.11 and have the newest version of Java installed.

sorry man.. I remember last year people had trouble on older machines also.

I think that the code is fine, and maybe I just need you to compile it yourself .. I'm on os x 10.6.5 and use "java 5 compatibility" but there are so many versions of java 5 that who knows... so let me see if I can figure out an alternate download that will build itself. if that still doesn't work, then it might just be that the newest update for java on os x 10.4 is still too old.

I'll just chime in as saying same here. It would get a little out of hand if this thread was just a link fest to clips right?

if you have trouble getting the uploader to work and are on an older version of os x, try downloading

http://tunebomb.com/spmontage2010/sp-build10.zip

open the "sp-build.jar" file.. and then after a few seconds it should disappear and a new "sp.jar" file should appear (might take 10sec or so). then try using that sp.jar. if it still doesn't work, I think we're out of luck :wub:

if you have trouble getting the uploader to work and are on an older version of os x, try downloading

http://tunebomb.com/spmontage2010/sp-build10.zip

open the "sp-build.jar" file.. and then after a few seconds it should disappear and a new "sp.jar" file should appear (might take 10sec or so). then try using that sp.jar. if it still doesn't work, I think we're out of luck :wub:

If this doesn't work couldn't we send in clips via e-mail?

If this doesn't work couldn't we send in clips via e-mail?

That would be highly annoying for me I imagine. I would just work on getting it to work for now, and maybe later I'd permit it.

So if whatever captured file type is fine, then .m2t is fine? HD files captured with Premiere don't work in FCP and vice versa.

Well I'll be using Premiere CS4 so whatever Premiere can take is good with me.

How many clips are we allowed to send in?

I'd suggest sending in 3-5 of your best clips.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.