SkatePerception
GnarMachine

Computer Issues Netjiot

my 2009 macbook pro just shit the bed so i took out the hard drive and 8GB of OWC/MacSales RAM that I had purchased. My girlfriend has a 2012 macbook pro, would I be able to through one of the 4GB sticks in her computer or would it not work? thanks!

JordanWiens, on 08 Apr 2015 - 7:00 PM, said:

my 2009 macbook pro just shit the bed so i took out the hard drive and 8GB of OWC/MacSales RAM that I had purchased. My girlfriend has a 2012 macbook pro, would I be able to through one of the 4GB sticks in her computer or would it not work? thanks!

in 2012 apple started soldering ram in retina display macbooks onto the motherboard so switching that out would be a problem. you could probably swap the hdd, but 2012s usually come with a much faster ssd so you'll sacrifice a lot of speed for the extra storage capacity.

gonna use the bump from that spam to see if anybody can help me with a final cut pro (7) issue i'm having. so i have clips that i have cut from longer clips in the time line and then slowed down. when in the timeline it plays fine. as soon as any of the clips get rendered or i export the project some of the clips dont play from the section i had cut but a different time in the source(?) clip.

hey i just put a firewire card into a pci slot in my tower and my computer recognizes the card but wont recognize my vx1000? the card i got is this http://www.ebay.ca/itm/201100820369?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's possible that your vx1000 has a blow FireWire port, and you really probably shouldn't be capturing on it in the first place if you want to increase its longevity. Try a different FireWire device and see if it shows up.

I just got it so I wanted to see if everything functioned correctly. I'm getting a capture camera soon. When I plug in the dv cord it says dv in and I don't know if I gotta change this to dv out or if that even is a thing. thanks for the reply though. also I don't have any other firewire devices.

Does anyone know how to fix missing audio on .mov files in Adobe Premiere Pro?

Not exactly but something similar. I used to do 1 month free trials of Adobe stuff over and over but they fixed that so today I was looking for alternatives and found davinci resolve 12. So much more intuitive and easier to do color grading, plus it's completely free to use legally

Otherwise you could use something like prelude to convert it to a different format and see if that works

Not exactly but something similar. I used to do 1 month free trials of Adobe stuff over and over but they fixed that so today I was looking for alternatives and found davinci resolve 12. So much more intuitive and easier to do color grading, plus it's completely free to use legally

Otherwise you could use something like prelude to convert it to a different format and see if that works

how is that even remotely similar? he's trying to fix a problem with missing audio, not use a completely different software.

• Like 1

how is that even remotely similar? he's trying to fix a problem with missing audio, not use a completely different software.

Im making suggestions from personal experience. I had the same issue with every non-legit install of premiere that i used and nothing I could do except converting it fixed it. I also made two more suggestions that didn't involve switching NLE's. Just trying to help

Im making suggestions from personal experience. I had the same issue with every non-legit install of premiere that i used and nothing I could do except converting it fixed it. I also made two more suggestions that didn't involve switching NLE's. Just trying to help

the only suggestions you made were to use a different software and to convert the footage (both not practical solutions to missing audio fyi). the reason you had issues with the program in the first place was most likely god's wrath for being a cheep scrub who exploits the developers hard work by renewing trail software every 30 days, and now youre being punished by being forced to ghetto rig your footage with som archaic davinci free editing program.

the only suggestions you made were to use a different software and to convert the footage (both not practical solutions to missing audio fyi). the reason you had issues with the program in the first place was most likely god's wrath for being a cheep scrub who exploits the developers hard work by renewing trail software every 30 days, and now youre being punished by being forced to ghetto rig your footage with som archaic davinci free editing program.

I am a scrub, and I probably have no idea what I'm doing. I'm also cheap as hell. Regardless, premiere has widespread issues on a couple versions specifically that have issues with missing audio on mov and mts, and some people suggest converting to a different format, and that seemed to work for some people.

I am a scrub, and I probably have no idea what I'm doing. I'm also cheap as hell. Regardless, premiere has widespread issues on a couple versions specifically that have issues with missing audio on mov and mts, and some people suggest converting to a different format, and that seemed to work for some people.

it has always worked fine for me. its good you've confessed your sins, next maybe try repenting and buying the full version as a way to ask for forgiveness. also read this: http://forums.skateperception.com/index.php?/topic/315367-the-book-of-revelations-of-the-true-church-of-the-skate-perception/ if you desire salvation.

Mac book pro 2013, tons of un-organized footage in sub folders, I want to clean up everything and condense my memory, essentially keep this mbp running smooth as its been the last 3 years…

Whats some good practices to keep your mbp running crispy as it starts to get older??

Also, whats the current stand point on macs don't get viruses? I've been getting sketchy pop ups that actually look like safari notices so when I click "stay or leave page" my mouse like goes invisible but it still clicks shit or all my desktop icons will flash and reload. Got me paranoid a little.