SkatePerception
GnarMachine

Computer Issues Netjiot

I use C primarily but I know a bit of C++ as well. Not sure how helpful I can be, but let me know.

I'll probably be PMing you sometime this week about it, thanks man.

How do i change the default program that opens files on OSX?

For example; i'm wanting to make VLC the default program to open .mkv files, instead of the divix player

edit: a better worded google search did the trick

if anyone's interested here's a good tutorial

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2573/os_x_h...open_file_type/

someone might know if this is possible, but can you upres or somehow make a standard digital signal "look better" by getting a certain adapter/cable or whatever on an hdtv. probably not possible but itd be cool if you could. or any other tips on getting a better image from a non hd signal.

does having a double screen affect the performance of my computer ? i have an alienware m11x laptop. and i just hooked up my gateway MONITOR from my old desktop that does not work anymore to my laptop. will that make my computer slower ? thanks. hope this is clear to everyone.

does having a double screen affect the performance of my computer ? i have an alienware m11x laptop. and i just hooked up my gateway MONITOR from my old desktop that does not work anymore to my laptop. will that make my computer slower ? thanks. hope this is clear to everyone.

no it shouldnt make your computer slower.

Any suggestions for a nice wood desk/table thats no bigger than like 3 and a half feet wide and semi cheap? ..Not much space in my room with the placement of my door and closet doors.

Does chrome not support the three finger gesture on macs that makes you scroll to the top or bottom of a page? i just switched from firefox and it won't work. and can i make the addresses of everything stop appearing in the lower left hand side?

i thought 3.5 feet was small for a desk. but then I measured the one i'm using and it's 3.5 feet long. but I'm in a dorm room, a single one at that.

apparently it's not supported. guess i'll have to wait till they add it, hopefully they do.

dumbass question - can someone help me with saving web pages? basically i want to save this page, but include all the pages that are linked to in the picture

http://www.skhateyou.com/spots/index.html

Sounds like a dumb answer but couldn't you just right click on the page and save it as?

Sounds like a dumb answer but couldn't you just right click on the page and save it as?

I think he wants all the pages that are linked on the main page too. (including their content)

yea that's right blandon, i tried save as but it only save the main page. and no i don't know wget, care to explain?

hmmm. Let me check how wget works with XP.

it's basically a terminal/command line tool that downloads the website and all of its content from the main page.

edit- http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/ ..This is all I can really find for wget on XP. I'd try and help you out and test it but I don't have anything running XP right now. But like I said, someone here might have a much simpler solution.

• Like 1

excellent! managed to work it out and i think it's downloaded fine. i'll PM you if i have any more trouble. thanks

I have a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3 iMac with 4 GB of ram, would this be fine (even if a little slow) to edit video from an HMC150?.. (just ordered it)

I have a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3 iMac with 4 GB of ram, would this be fine (even if a little slow) to edit video from an HMC150?.. (just ordered it)

It'll be fine. You can always upgrade the RAM a bit if needed.

I was able to edit HMC150 footage on a 2GHz core 2 with 4GB of RAM well enough. You should be fine.

ye i have a 2.8 dual core mbp too, just got 8gb from owc. I was able to edit prores 4444 converted dslr footage on 4gb of ram before and haven't tested the 8gb that much yet other than lightroom and photoshop, but a 3.2ghz i3 will be flawless with it, but if you ever want to get ram get it from macsales.com, and it couldn't be easier to install it into any mac system.

screenshot20110320at839.png

why when i try to view my search history there isnt any? i have never cleared it but nothing shows up. any suggestions?

I have the same thing pop up in firefox browser when you click show all history, but there should be days titled listed there for example; Today, yesterday, Last 7 Days,This Month. Go into your firefox preferences,and click the tab called Privacy(it's got a gay masquerade mask), and the title will be:

HISTORY

Scroll tab below- Firefox will - "REMEMBER HISTORY"