SkatePerception
GnarMachine

Computer Issues Netjiot

Is that in finder or in a browser?

browser

I have the same thing pop up in firefox browser when you click show all history, but there should be days titled listed there for example; Today, yesterday, Last 7 Days,This Month. Go into your firefox preferences,and click the tab called Privacy(it's got a gay masquerade mask), and the title will be:

HISTORY

Scroll tab below- Firefox will - "REMEMBER HISTORY"

tried it already and didnt work.

shiiiit, why you want to keep the history anyways

gotta hide the pr0n sites from parents

lawlz dnt u know abt private browzzing?

I guess this is as good a place as any to post this...

Okay, so i know nothing about running scripts, or anything to do with scripting.

I found this script that allows a pretty decent workflow from fcp to ae. Only thing is the tutorial tells you how to use the script once you've got it running and not how to actually run it.

But i opened it up in the extended script toolkit or whatever changed the preference to after effects cs5 and when i hit "run" it opens up in after effects it prompts me whether or not i want to import the audio files i tried clicking both yes and no and get this error message.

"cannont execute script in target engine 'main'"

then it has a "details" option and when i click it it says this.

"Cannot execute script in target engine 'main'!

(#1) After Effects error: Unable to call “addComp” because of parameter 6. NaN is not a number."

I had a similar script before and I would just run it in AE, as he did in the tutorial. I didn't have to run it beforehand in any other program.

Once you use the script once, it'll show up like it does on his, instead of having to go to "run script".

Not sure if that helps, but once I get some time I'll try it out myself. Just PM me if you still can't get it and I haven't posted back.

I just changed the .jsxbin to a .jsx cause the few people i'd asked about this had no clue what a .jsxbin was. That worked fine, can't believe it was that easy.. I got the script to run fine, but it doesn't appear in the scripts list afterwards.. I tried rebooting ae and had the same result, any clue why that would be?

15-inch: 2.0 GHz

2.0GHz quad-core

Intel Core i7

4GB 1333MHz

500GB 5400-rpm1

Intel HD Graphics 3000

AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256MB GDDR5

would that be okay to edit 1080p HD footage from the Sony HDR SR12E ?

15-inch: 2.0 GHz

2.0GHz quad-core

Intel Core i7

4GB 1333MHz

500GB 5400-rpm1

Intel HD Graphics 3000

AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256MB GDDR5

would that be okay to edit 1080p HD footage from the Sony HDR SR12E ?

Should work quite well I'd imagine.

You guys think it'd be a good idea for me to wait on getting my MBP? I remember hearing around summertime they do deals with a free iPod Touch or a free printer for college students.

You guys think it'd be a good idea for me to wait on getting my MBP? I remember hearing around summertime they do deals with a free iPod Touch or a free printer for college students.

I think it's in july/august.. if you're a student then you can get like a 10% discount, and a free itouch.. I did it when i got my computer, mainly cause it was just lucky timing.. But i'd wait a few months, and save up some more cash.. Then you can get a computer with slightly better specs than the one you'd be able to afford right now.

I think it's in july/august.. if you're a student then you can get like a 10% discount, and a free itouch.. I did it when i got my computer, mainly cause it was just lucky timing.. But i'd wait a few months, and save up some more cash.. Then you can get a computer with slightly better specs than the one you'd be able to afford right now.

If you decide to wait, make sure to bring the money for the iPod/printer because you have to pay for them first then fill out a rebate to get the money back to make it "free".

If you decide to wait, make sure to bring the money for the iPod/printer because you have to pay for them first then fill out a rebate to get the money back to make it "free".

I thought it was the 8gb or whatever for free, then you pay for anything over that? But i'm probably wrong, didn't you used to work at the apple store?

I thought it was the 8gb or whatever for free, then you pay for anything over that? But i'm probably wrong, didn't you used to work at the apple store?

It's only free after the rebate. You have to pay for it, fill out the rebate, and then you get refunded for the printer and iPod.

Yeah I did. You have to buy the iPod touch first then you get the $200 back later. So if you wanted to get the iPod classic, you would pay $250, get $200 back and pretty much be getting the classic for only $50.

Looking for a few opinions; it's pretty computer related so it can go here. My 3GS (iPhone) is on it's last legs. Sleep button is broken (it's JB'd so there are alternative ways to lock it, but still...) so I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 4 in white that comes out tomorrow..or maybe going Android OS when the Infuse 4G comes out.

Anyone have an opinion the matter?

Looking for a few opinions; it's pretty computer related so it can go here. My 3GS (iPhone) is on it's last legs. Sleep button is broken (it's JB'd so there are alternative ways to lock it, but still...) so I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 4 in white that comes out tomorrow..or maybe going Android OS when the Infuse 4G comes out.

Anyone have an opinion the matter?

With how soon the rumors of the iPhone 5 coming out...July - September ish area, I would hold off.

Just a general hackintosh question, if I have an enclosure, with a 3.5" SATA drive in it, I link that up to my crappy macbook pro, install snow leopard on the hard drive, take the hard drive out of the enclosure, put it in the hackintosh, where do I go from there?

You need to install some sort of bootloader and also the necessary kexts/shit related to your specific hardware to actually boot into OSX from your PC.

I suggest going to insanelymac and searching around for tutorials that involve the hardware you have (the motherboard, cpu, and graphics card).

Yeah I've been doing that now, I knew you'd be the one to come in here and help. From what I've read this stuff is hard to understand, hopefully I can force myself to learn and save myself a couple thousand dollars.

Yeah it can get pretty complicated. To be honest, I don't know too many of the details and specifics. I was lucky enough to find a thread on there where someone made a script that will do all the install/setting up for you, with the particular motherboard/cpu/graphics card I had.

I think I might try and get my current pc going in OSX to see if I like it or not before committing to making an iHack or something. You never know I might decided I hate everything about apple and stay in Windows pasture.

Not fuxing likely.

ok im 99% sure the firewire port on my laptop is broken

i remember seeing a little card with firewire ports on it that you can put in the computer. kinda like a p2 card but with ports on the end

my computer does have a slot for cards like that. i just need to know the name of the thing im talking about. pretty sure joey9 had one for sale too

btw a slot like this:

workflow_notebook.jpg

This isn't a problem or really important at that matter but I have a question I would like an answer for. I just bought a new hard drive (500gb) and I put it in and everything, booted from the install disk and when I went to the disk utility it said the hard drive was 500.11GB, so first part of my question is how did it gain that 0.11gb of space?, then I formatted the disk so I could install OSX and it said it was like 499.somethingGB, the second part of my question is, what happened to that 0.somethingGB after I formatted it, why does it loose memory from being formatted? And another question, why do you need to format a new harddrive if it's completely blank? I'm guessing it makes it adapted to macs but I don't know.

ok im 99% sure the firewire port on my laptop is broken

i remember seeing a little card with firewire ports on it that you can put in the computer. kinda like a p2 card but with ports on the end

my computer does have a slot for cards like that. i just need to know the name of the thing im talking about. pretty sure joey9 had one for sale too

btw a slot like this:

workflow_notebook.jpg

PCMCIA/PC card or expresscard firewire card.

This isn't a problem or really important at that matter but I have a question I would like an answer for. I just bought a new hard drive (500gb) and I put it in and everything, booted from the install disk and when I went to the disk utility it said the hard drive was 500.11GB, so first part of my question is how did it gain that 0.11gb of space?, then I formatted the disk so I could install OSX and it said it was like 499.somethingGB, the second part of my question is, what happened to that 0.somethingGB after I formatted it, why does it loose memory from being formatted? And another question, why do you need to format a new harddrive if it's completely blank? I'm guessing it makes it adapted to macs but I don't know.

The discrepancy in space is based on a few factors. These include the way OS X reads free space vs. how other software manufacturers read it, as well as the drive having extra space on it so the hardware can remap and reallocate bad sectors.

You didn't lose any space, don't worry about it. Formatting it puts a partition table on the drive and tells the computer what file system type the drive is, otherwise you're left with a drive that cannot be read or written to by anything as the software won't have a way to keep track of what has been written (semi-simplified explanation).